Hotelier 71

"What's going on? Are you guys ok?" Seokjin panted as he came and checked on my body from head to toe, front and back, same with hyunjin. He looked like he came in a rush

"We're ok..." I was confused at his concern

"You asked when I could be home and if I could drive you to the hospital."

"Oh. Jennie's water broke." He heaved a sigh and crushed me with a hug. "You scared me."

"I... I'm sorry." I hugged him back and he hugs me tighter. Could he be... in love with me like I am with him? Has he completely forgotten about what they have and what they could've been and moved on with me? Is it ok if I let myself believe that? I feel myself hugging him tigther too. I don't wanna let go.

🏩🏩🏩

"Someone's in a good mood. You're glowing." My mom has started passing down our business to me but of course I have to start from the bottom so here I am helping with the table dressing and dining arrangements, even if she had let me handle and organize Jennie's wedding, that was just an exception since Jennie requested herself

"Ya, have you seen her husband? I won't be surprised if she glows in the dark too." I laughed at their silliness, shaking my head

"Irene? The granddaughter's client wants to see you." I stood up and followed the manager. Just when I thought everything is the way it's supposed to, reality just have to slap me on the face. My smile faltered seeing her again.

"I'm surprised to see you're not the manager." She says, checking the tables. I don't know how to respond so I just gave her a tight-lipped smile. "I am not. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"It's tacky. I don't like the colors." She pulled on the table cloth we worked hard on the table skirting, making it undone and some pins dropping. Our manager quickly came back to our side seeing what she did

"Do it again." I hate it. I hate that I don't know where I stand against her. But this is business, it's different from our personal affairs. So right now, she's our client and I need to cater to her wants.

"With all due respect, the colors & design have been chosen by you if I'm not mistaken. We showed you the brochure-" I tried reasoning out but she cut me off

"Well it's different to see it in person. I expected more but this is a disappointment. I don't like it. I want the colors changed. All of it."

My eyes widened. "All of it? Not just the main center table?" It's for her grandparent's golden anniversary so we figured the motif would be gold and white but she insisted on green and brown saying her grandparents love nature.

"You heard me."

"But the event is for noon tomorrow." And it's already late! We were just finishing things up since it's a huge even. We worked days for this.

"So you can't do it?"

Before I can retort, our manager held my arm and responded "We'll do the best we can to manage your expectations." She gave me a signal and I was forced to bow.

"Come on, let's finalize what set up you'd really like." She was ushered away by our manager and I curled my fists but I have to keep calm. There are clients like her but changing everything the last minute is just pure evil.

I took deep calming breaths and turned to see my colleagues who are looking at me expectantly. They all groaned and slouched after hearing what I had to say.

"Is she serious?! I just hope our manager talks her out of it." It's been long day for all of us since we're at the final touches. If she wants everything changed, we'll have to work harder to fit a week-worth of work into hours. Just looking around the venue and to my exhausted colleagues made my heart sank. How did my mom do it? A lightbulb suddenly lit up. With determination, I clapped my hands twice to get everyone's attention. "Everyone gather around."

"Wow, she sure is taking her sweet time picking. But you sure about this rene? What if she wants something totally different?"

"Then we'll make it totally different." They looked at each other but followed my orders anyway.

It was already way past midnight when she came back with our manager. We were all gathered and was told about the changes of the design. Mumbles could be heard and I can see her smirk.

"I know it's a lot of work, we might be short in time but I know we can do it, if it's too much I can call for back up from the headquarters"

I shook my head "I'm sure we can make it in time. In fact, we'll be done in two to three hours."

"What? How is that possible? I want the colors to be changed to-"

"Gold and Royal Blue." Na eun blinked, taken aback and looked around, finally realizing that we're already working on it.

It already takes so much time to remove everything so instead, I had everyone place a royal blue table runner on top of it and altered the current design of the table skirting ang added golden party banner fringes around the table below the green table skirting. That would have taken up all our time so we just had our fingers crossed for the design she wants for the skirting and thankfully, we only need little changes for our present design. We only have to work on the back drops but since we have everything we need, there was no problem.

"How did you know?" Our manager asked, suddenly aware of the changes in the room. A smile etched on her face

"When we started to decorate the place, I remember they were playing the couple's video for their guests while they decide where to put the projection board and to check on the audio. While we already started working on the tables, I recalled them saying there was a prize for the guest who is best dressed that followed the theme gold and royal blue closesly. That got stuck on my head cause I was wondering why the motif they said is different from what we have prepared." I looked at na eun when I said the last part and she have the audacity to roll her eyes at me

"I didn't question it though since you have been in contact with their granddaughter who was put in charge and said she's monitoring the progress. It came to my conversation with Mrs. Dara as I made daily reports to her and she told me to prepare just in case of last minute alterations. I have completely forgotten about it as we were in the finishing touches but I was reminded of it while you are discussing with our client's granddaughter so rather than waiting idly, I took the risk and had everyone start the alterations since we have it prepared just in case the clients changed their minds." I know they didn't. They wanted those colors from the start and I bet they had no idea to what their granddaughter did. I don't know why she did what she did. Is it because of me being Jin's wife instead of her? I hate it. I hate that I feel guilty. I feel like I'm a mistress. I despise cheaters the most and although he didn't cheat on her with me... she makes me feel like I am. Have I really become someone I hate?