Hotelier 65

Malfunction. My brain couldn't process what I just heard. A fiancé? He was committed to someone? Since when? Were they already together before we met? after we met? Before we- After we-?

"But don't worry, you're technically not a 3rd party... sort of" My breath got caught on my throat, my ears are ringing.

"We're childhood sweethearts, we were together since kindergarten but we didn't really see each other as more than friends, not until when I came here for vacation two years ago, we hang out to catch up on each other's lives and fell in love" she dreamily sighed, a wistful smile on her pretty face.

"It was going well, we were so in love and he proposed. We were supposed to get married last year..." I don't want to hear it! But I couldn't move.

"But he found out he knocked someone up and as a responsible person he is, he got married," she looked straight at me and continued "but not with me." I averted my eyes down to my feet.

"But that's all in the past!" she laughs but I hear no humor in it, sounded bitter even. "It looks like he's having fun with you, so at least he's somewhat happy knowing how much he cried not wanting to let me go but had to because of his principles. I understood, besides, his principle's one of the reasons why I fell for him." I couldn't look back up. I couldn't face her.

The silence was deafening. I could feel her eyes on me but I couldn't meet her gaze. I feel a hand cup my face and I was taken back to reality. "You ok?" His brows furrowed in concern and I stepped back, giving him a stiff nod. I didn't dare blink knowing my tears would fall.

"Are you sure? you look pale, maybe I'll have to post-"

"GO!" I yelled before I can stop myself. "Just go, the house is a mess because of you." lie

"I need to do general cleaning anyway" lie

"I can help."

"by help, you mean help me mess it some more?" he grins and wiggled his brows, I turned away. Unable to face him. Was he like this with her?

"Just go already! you're just a nuisance." lie

"Fine, I'll come home as soon as possible." don't.

"Let's go." I take a look at them as they leave and I feel tears fall. Don't leave.

As the door closed, my body starts to shake as uncontrollable sobs breaks the silence of our empty house. I slumped down as I clutched my chest, my heart feeling like it's going to break. So many questions swirling around my head.

I couldn't breathe, I feel like the walls are closing in on me. I shakily stood up and opened the windows, trying to breathe in fresh air but it still feels stuffy. I went out to the lawn, looking around. I need to get it all out of my chest before I combust. Jisoo. I shook my head, I can't worry her some more. Lisa, Byulyi? their hands are also full.

Feeling helpless, I squatted down, hugging my knees and buried my face. "Joohyun?"

I looked up and found my mom. "Eomma" my lips quivered, I ran to her and cried on her chest like I did when I was a child.

"Jiyong, take hyunjin inside." I hear mom whisper and I didn't dare look at my son, I didn't even realize he was there.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she carefully pulls away to take a look at my face but I fixed my eyes on the ground

"Did you have a fight with Jin?" I shook my head, sniffing.

"Joohyun-ah" my mom cupped my face and wiped my tears. She looked me in the eye and said. "You can tell me." I stared at her and contemplated. Sighing, I nodded.

I grasped the cup of tea I'm holding and idly stared at it. From my peripheral vision, I could see dad in our iving room, glancing at us from time to time while he's playing with hyunjin.

My mom sits across from me, sipping her tea, waiting patiently for me to open up. I don't even know where to start.

"He was bretrothed." I began and she just listened, I keep glancing at her to see if I'm speaking too fast as I spill everything to her. From our one night stand, to our contract and to this. I didn't really plan on telling her everything but I couldn't think properly.

I exhaled and looked at my mother who is as calm as ever, sipping her tea and putting the cup back to the coaster on the table. "What do I do?" I asked since she's not saying anything.

"Ask your husband."

"W-what?"

"Ask him, whether it's true or not." my jaw slacked in disbelief

"Do you know how many girls tried to do that to me?" she huffs in frustration, brows connecting as she remembers unpleasant memories

"I don't understand" I am so confused on what she's trying to say.

"It's the price of having a good-looking husband, don't tell your dad I said that. There are girls who will try to seduce men even if they know he's already committed. There are girls who couldn't bare to be a mistress BUT still wants the guy so they do what they have to do to break the relationship, like making up stories. Believable ones at that." She scoffs.

"And it is unfair when we know nothing and get a slap across the face." We both turned to dad who pointed inside where we can see hyunjin sleeping on the couch.

"She had pictures and everything! If it were the other way around you'd wreck havoc!" 

"And if it were the other way around you'd also be frustrated to be on my end!" now they're arguing.

"True, and that's how conflict happens. You see joohyun? Making up stories do break people up. That is how powerful words are especially with a habitual liar." mom shakes her head.

"But if I confront him and he denies, how would I know if he's telling the truth?"

"See? You're already doubting him!" dad whines

"You don't even know the whole story!" mom rolls her eyes at him

"I get the context! I'm smart!" I sighed and massaged my forehead as my parents continue to bicker in front of me.

"Why are you here by the way? I thought you were going to spend time with hyunjin?" mom gasped and dad looked at his wrist watch

"Oh right! We're late! We gotta go!" They hurriedly stood up and kissed me on each side of my cheek and ran to the car.

"Confront him ok?! It's gonna be alright!" Mom yells as they drove away like high school kids ditching class for a date.

"If it's real, how can I be alright?" I sighed, looking at their car moving away from my vision.