11-Killer Clown

The next day the three hunters and Donna arrive at the home of the woman who donated the costume to Michelle. "Rita Johnson?" Sam asks the woman who answers the door.

"Yeah, who's asking?" she replies.
The three of them show her their FBI badges, "Got a few questions we wanna ask you about a case in town" Dean tells her.
"Who is it, Mom?" they hear a boy ask as he comes to the door.

"Um, Max why don't you go back and finish your homework" Rita tells her son.
"Why are the police here?" Max asks.
Donna looks at him, "Hey there, fella, You ever see a real cop car? I mean, it it's okay with your mom" she says to them.

"Yeah" Rita says and Max walks away with Donna.
"Mind if we come inside?" Dean then asks her.
"Yeah" she says allowing them to come into the house.

They gather in her dinning room and ask about the costumes, "The costumes belonged to my brother, Chester" Rita informs them. "He was a kid's party performer before he passed.
"Oh" Sam says as she gives him a picture.

"How did Chester die?" Calliope asks her, as Sam quickly passes the picture to Dean, who picks it up seeing Chester dressed as a clown.

"Uh, my brother suffered from depression. He took his own life a couple months back. Jumped off a bridge." Rita tells them.
"Sorry to hear that" Sam tells her.
"Max begged me to keep the costumes. He loved them. He loved his uncle. I mean, he lived with us. So, they were really close. But they made me sad. So, I donated them to the local high school, the theater company" she tells them.

"Thrift shop?" Dean asks.
"Yeah, places like that" she says.
"Can I ask where Chester's buried?" Sam then asks.
"He's not. He was cremated." She answers.
"Would it possible if you could make a list of all of his costumes? As many as you can remember?" Calliope says to her.

"Sure, but what does this have to do with your case?" she asks.
"That's what we are trying to figure out" Sam says.
"I have one more question. Did Chester ever have a falling out with Stan Hinkle or Phil Evans? Um, or anyone for that matter?" Dean then asks.
"What do you mean?" she inquires.
"Did he, um, did he have any unfinished business with anyone?" he clarifies.
"No, not that I can think of. I mean, I don't even...I don't think Chester even knew those guys" she tells them.

They leave the house and meet Donna at the cars, telling here what Rita told them, "I remember Chester's suicide. Real sad. So now that we know he's the ghost, how do we stop him?" Donna asks them.
"Well, usually, you gotta burn the bodies. But he was cremated" Dean tells her.
"So, we're up poop's creek without a paddle?" Donna says.

"Not neccessarly. It looks like he is tied to the costumes, which means the only way to stop him is to burn them" Calliope tells her.
"Then we're already ahead of the game" Donna says and they look at her, "I had Doug go to the high school and collect the costumes" she tells them.

"Great, here is a list of the rest" Sam says handing her the list that Rita had written. "Think you and Doug can round 'em up?" he asks her.
"Yeah, you betcha" Donna says taking the list.

"All right, we just gotta figure out what Chester's beef was with the vics" Dean says and Donna looks at him. "Ghosts come back for something personal. Usually it's revenge" he explains to her.
"All right, drop me off at the hospital. I'll check on the coach" Sam says to Dean.
"We will go see if we can find Stan's widow" Calliope says as her, Dean and Sam all leave in the Impala, and Donna gets in her car.

Dean drops Sam off at the hospital, and the go track down Stan's widow. "Did you see how freaked Sam was when he looked at the picture of the clown" Dean laughs.
"Give him a break Dean, it's his fear, just like you are afraid of flying" she says to him.
"I am..I'm not" he says to her.
"Dean, I know you are" she smiles at him.
"What are you afraid of?" Dean then asks her.