23- Hurt Like Hell

Sam, Calliope and Dean wait by the Impala as Castiel takes a look for the kid. They hear footsteps and see Castiel coming back toward them, "The kid here?" Dean asks.
"He's nearby" Castiel informs him. "Upstairs in the barn. He's playing with a basketball."

"Cain will strike soon. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, but soon. And when he does— "Dean says to Sam and Calliope.
"We got it. You charge in with the blade, solo" Sam says to him, "And the kid? What, we just watch and wait until Cain attacks? I thought this was a rescue mission"

"We save the kid after Cain shows" Dean explains to him.
"We know what Cain's after. That's our only advantage. We wanna trap Cain, we use it." Castiel says to Sam.
"Twelve-year-old as bait. I can't believe what I'm hearing" Sam says.

"Neither can I" they then hear the voice of Crowley saying, and he starts walking toward them.
"What's the matter, Crowley, you suddenly grow a conscience?" Dean asks him, "Too good to put a minor in danger?"
"Don't give a damn about the kid. I'm talking about the risk to us." Crowley says to Dean.

"There is no us" Dean tells him, "You're here for one reason, that's to hand me the blade"
"Yeah, about that. Seeing as this is shaping up to be one... of those two-step, capture-then-kill kind of deals.... I think your buddies would agree it's better to keep the blade out of your hands... until we got Cain sewn up, just to be safe." Crowley says, and both, Sam, Calliope and Castiel all share a look as they do agree with Crowley. "Now, back to this plan of yours" he says to them.

Sam and Calliope wait by a window, looking in to see the kid playing basket ball, when they hear footsteps and see Dean. "So, if this works and we capture Cain...then what?" Sam asks him.
"We'll cross that bridge when we co—If we come to it." Dean tells them, "You know last week when I said that I would go down swinging when the time came? I meant that I was at peace with that. I just didn't realize the time would come so soon. Like right now." He tells them, as he takes a second, "I'm scared, Sam, Callie." He tells them. Calliope looks at him, and places a hand on his cheek, and gently kisses him on the lips.

They see Austin leave the barn, when the kid hears a noise. "Someone there?" he calls out, as he turns around to see Cain standing before him.
"Hello, Austin" Cain says to him.
"What are you doing here?" Austin asks.
Cain takes a blade out of his jacket, "I'm here to kill you" he tells Austin.

"No, you won't" Castiel comes over saying, "run" he tells Austin and Austin runs back toward the barn, as Sam comes out

"You can't stop me" Cain tells Castiel. As Castiel raises his hand to use his angelic powers to try and stop Cain. Cain doesn't budge, as he then uses his own powers to knock the angelic blade out of Castiel's hand and then sends Castiel flying.

Sam and Calliope close the door to upstairs part of the barn as Sam holds it shut, when they hear Cain pounding on the door. Just then the pounding stops and they turn around to see Cain standing behind, and Austin turns around to face Cain.
"No, please, don't" Austin says to Cain, but Cain right away realizes what was going on, as he stabs Austin and her turns into a cloud of purple.