23- Wackadoo

Season 9 x 13

Calliope wakes up in the bed, and reaches over for Dean, but sees that he is no longer there. Sitting up in the bed, she moves the covers off her, as she then grabs one of Dean's shirts and pulls it on. As she slips on her pyjama pants, she leaves the room and heads to look for Dean.  She walks into the kitchen area and sees him at the table looking at the computer, "Hey, what are you doing up so early?" she asks going over to him.

"Couldn't sleep" he tells her.
"Why don't you come back to bed?" she then asks him.
"I can't sleep, I need to focus on everything else" he says to her.

"Well, why don't I help you since I am up now too" she says as she then pulls the chair over and sits down beside him.
"Callie, you can go back to bed" Dean tells her.
"Dean, I can't sleep without you there. I had a hard time when you left, I slept in your bed every night, and I just.... I just couldn't sleep." She tells him.

"Okay but if you start to get tired, head back to bed" he tells her.
"I promise I will" she tells him, as she then heads to the fridge.
"What are you doing?" Dean asks her.
"Making you a sandwich" she smiles at him, as she starts to do just that.

A few hours later, Calliope is felt being shaken awake, "Don't warn the tadpoles" she suddenly says, and she hears Dean chuckle.

"Don't' warn the tadpoles?" he asks her.
"I have this frog fear" she tells him, "I feel asleep didn't I?" she then asks.
"Yeah, but I didn't mind" he smiles at her, as they hear footsteps and see Sam come into the room.

"Hey" Sam says to them.
"Hey" Dean and Calliope both say to him as Sam looks for a coffee mug.
"You two go to bed last night?" he then asks them.

"What?" Dean asks. "Uh, no, well Calliope feel asleep, Rudy was on, and then, uh, Unforgiven, and then I was just too jacked to sleep, so, research" Dean tells him.
"I woke up to Dean gone, and I've been down here since with him, although he just woke me back up" Calliope tells him.

"Yeah, whatever you do 'Don't warn the tadpoles'" Dean says as he then takes a sip of whiskey and Calliope gives him a look wondering when he had started to drink the alcohol.

"What?" Sam asks them.
"It's nothing Sam" Calliope says to him.
"So Gadreel?" Sam then asks pouring himself a coffee.
"Yeah, and Metatron and the Mark of Cain and... crickets" Dean tells him, "Did find us a case, though" he adds.

"Oh, yeah?" Sam asks grabbing a cereal bowl.

"Yeah, there's a strange death in Stillwater, Minnesota. Competitive eater died after a hot dog eating contest" Dean tells him as Sam puts his stuff down on the table.

"So, what? Death by tube steak?" Sam asks.
"If only. He got attacked in his car. But, uh, get this.... He shrunk from 300 pounds to 90 pounds" Dean tells him. Calliope then gets up and gets herself a bowl, and pours cereal in her bowl and into Sam's.

"Witchcraft?" Sam asks.
"Or a heavy-duty laxative. You game?" Dean asks him.
"Yeah" Sam says as he sits down and pours milk on his cereal and passes it to Calliope.

"Good. Looks like it's a whore's bath from me. I'll be ready in five" Dean says and both Calliope and Sam look at one another.
"You sure you're okay, Dean?" Sam then asks him.
"Why wouldn't I be?" he asks him.

"Because, I don't know, you...This isn't about what I said the other day, is it? Oh, about that we're not supposed to be brothers? No, don't flatter yourself I don't break that easy" Dean says to him.
"Well, good, because I was just being honest" Sam says to him.

"Oh, yeah, no, I got that loud and clear" Dean says walking away from them.
"Sam, I really wish you two would just kiss and make up, like you always do" Calliope says as they eat their breakfast.