66~ Pre-meeting jitters

Loraly

*

I just wanted one day. At least one day without Tobias' toxic presence. Thanks to it,  the possibilities of our mate bond coming to an end has started to stress me again. I can't help but think of how brokenhearted Reina will be if he rejects us. I can't help but imagine how it will affect us.

He might say that he will not reject me now, but with the way things are going and his unchanging attitude toward our mate bond, I don't see much of a future for us.

If only I can figure out what happened to Tobias, but he isn't too keen on telling me. And neither is anyone else.

Letting out a huff, I tug my hair and groan.

This was what I trying to avoid- overthinking.

Maybe a well-deserved nap will do me some good. The question is will I be able to sleep with so many thought running through my mind?

*

Three quick knocks cause me to stir and moan in displeasure as I shove my head under my pillow in an attempt to block out the reoccurring noise.

"Loraly, it's me, can I come in?" I hear Ricky say from outside.

"Loraly is not here, leave a message," I reply, taking out my head from under the pillow.

I hear him chuckle and I can even imagine him shaking his head. "I'm coming in."

I grumble an incoherent response as Ricky opens the door and welcomes himself into the room. He places folded clothes and shoes on my vanity and leans on it. I watch all of this with an eye open and shut it when he faces me.

"Are you dead in there?" He asks in an amused tone.

"If I say yes, will you be leave me alone?" I ask, without opening my eyes.

"No," He deadpans. "You have to get up."

"Ugh, what now?" I whine childishly.

He crosses his arms. "We have a pack meeting to attend."

All remnants of sleep vanish from my features and my eyes snap open with urgency. I shoot up from my lying position and sit up, facing the amused man.

"A pack meeting?" I question, tilting my head.

"You know, the things where the pack gathers together after being called together by the alpha," Ricky explains.

"Why would I need to be at a pack meeting? I'm not a pack member," I state, once again looking confused.

"Well, you're the main topic so..." He trails off, shifting his gaze to the ceiling.

My eyes widen. "Tobias called a pack meeting together because of me? Why? Is he kicking me out already?"

Ricky rolls his eyes. "He wouldn't need a pack meeting to kick you out. He would just send you on your way."

"Answer my first question please," I say seriously.

"You'll see," He says with a small smile. "Just put on the dress and meet me in the living room."

He exits with a smile and I sigh again.

I hope they don't make me talk to people. That would be a real punishment.

I pull myself out of bed and head for the clothes. A black crew neck top, a white sweater, baggy, sky blue jeans, black belt, white socks and white converse. Basic and simple.

I throw off the clothes I have on and throw on the new ones, happy to see that they are my size, except the sweater is a few sizes too big.

Just when I consider putting on some makeup, I realize I don't have any. I simply brush my hair and make sure I look presentable before walking out the door.