32~ Her problem

Loraly

*

Mitchelle.

Her beautiful brown hair is let down in waves. Her tan skin is flawless and her brown eyes shine with amusement. Her black, straight miniskirt flatters her long legs and her glossy lips wore a mischievous smile.

The usually noisy cafeteria is quiet and the shocked looks on the faces of the faces of the students don't go unnoticed by me. Vanellope doesn't seem to mind and is slowly eating her food despite the obvious tension in the room.

'See you soon, Loraly.'

Those were the words she whispered through a mindlink as I left on the last day of detention. She said she would see me soon. I didn't know this was what she meant. If I did, maybe I wouldn't have messed with her.

For a minute, there is barely any movement in the cafeteria until a boy stands and strides toward Mitchelle. He stood up from one of the tables reserved for the second year students. Perhaps he is her friend.

"Are you happy to see me, Jack?" Mitchelle asks, confirming my thoughts.

The boy, Jack pauses in his tracks and squints his eyes at her.

"Is it really you, Elle?" He asks, suspiciously eyeing her.

"In the flesh," She says cockily and engulfs him in a hug.

At first, he doesn't hug her back, seeming unconvinced, but then he snaps out of his daze and hoists her up by her waist.
Then, he puts her down and drags her back to his table where mostly males sit.

"Look guys, it's Elle," Jack says excitedly.

"Yeah, we see that," A female says unenthusiastically.

"Why are you back, you traitor?" Another female asks angrily.

"Well technically, I'm not a traitor because that wasn't proved in court, but it was guaranteed that my actions were caused due to influence of a spell, Bridgette, " Mitchelle says calmly.

"That's a pack of bullshit," The same female, Bridgette retorts, crossing her arms.

"So is your attitude, but you don't see me complaining," Mitchelle chuckles.

"You should be dead," Bridgette says through gritted teeth.

"Well, I'm not and what are you going to do about it? Kill me?" Mitchelle teases, smiling innocently.

"Okay, enough," A tall male says, making Mitchelle face him.

"Jodan," Mitchelle says with a happy smile.

"Is it true? About the spell?" He asks seriously.

"I-" Mitchelle pauses and inhales deeply. "That is what I was told. Traces of wolf hazel was found in my blood and-"

"You can not be serious, Jodan. Don't let her fool you! She's lying," Bridgette shouts.

"Bridgette, please, shut up," Jodan says, obviously irritated by her behavior.

He doesn't seem to like her much.

"We all know that you've hated Mitchelle since middle school because your boyfriend broke up with you for her. Now, could you please save some of your pride and sit the fuck down?" Jodan asks, enraging her.

"You have no right to talk to her like that, Jodan," Another female starts when Bridgette says nothing, looking flabbergasted.

"Oh, and she had the right to act like she's on her period?" Jodan questions.