6 • Forced transportation

A dull ache in my head wakes me up from sleep. I mumble something incoherent as I sit up, massaging my temple and fluttering my eyes open. I blink multiple times in a meagre attempt to clear my blurry vision. All of which are a struggle. 

A drum seems to be being banged inside my head. Or is my head being banged? Or am I being banged? Wait, what am I saying? 

I feel severely drugged, but that wouldn't make sense. The last thing I remember is- What is the last thing I remember? 

I was with Mum. We were arguing about whether or not I am going to a boarding school. I wasn't backing down and neither was she. I was going to escape, but she caught me first. She was so strong. She injected me! She drugged me. 

My vision starts to clear and an unfamiliar setting comes into view. I was in my room. This is not my room. My eyes widen in panic till they land on my parents who stand by a door, quietly watching my every move.

Creepy much?

Dad strides to my side and pours me a glass of water while giving me a sad smile. I thank him and take it from him in a instant, gulping it all to the last drop. I place the glass on the bedside table as he takes his place beside Mom again. 

"Where are we?" I demand, pushing the covers off me, silently grateful my voice does not come out as weak. 

"Where do you think?" Mom replies with an amused smile while Dad looks down at the table, fiddling with his thumbs.

I have a bad feeling about this.

"What did you do? Where are we?" I ask, rushing to a window to look outside.

The first thing I notice is we are two stories high. There is a lot of empty space around the building we are in and a few people are scattered on it, walking and chatting. Finally, there are trees, a lot of trees, a whole sea of them ahead. 

I have a really bad feeling about this.

I feel Reina stir inside me as the dull ache in my head returns and I moan in discontent, my knees suddenly feeling weak. They buckle under me and an arm wraps around my waist and my arm to wrapped around someone's shoulder. Before I know it, I hit the bed again except I am dizzier than when I got up.

"You have to take it easy," Dad whispers.

"Dad, where are we?" I ask him in a pleading tone.

"The boarding school," Mom answers simply. I snap my gaze to her as Dad takes a seat at the edge of my bed. 

"What?!" I shout. "I told you I don't want to be here. You drugged me and brought me here without my  consent."

Mom chuckles. "I never needed your consent to begin with, Loraly. I wasn't asking for your permission. I was telling you that you were coming here."

"That's low, even for you, Mom."

"I did what had to be done," She shrugs.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask, taking a moment to look at Dad.

"Three days," He replies. 

"Th- Three days? What the fuck did you give me? Are you nuts?"

"Watch your tone, Loraly," Mom orders.

"No, I will not watch my tone," I respond angrily. "You drugged me and I was asleep for three days. Were you trying to kill me?"

"Oh, if only I could," Mom scoffs.

"Why did you bring me? I don't want to be here," I seethe. 

"You belong here and you're going to stay here," Mom replies without batting an eyelash.