37~ Her squad

Loraly

*

As he says those words, my mind almost goes blank. They searched our rooms, all our rooms. My hands shake ever so slightly and I wrap them around each other.

My phone. Could they have..?

"Some people are going to be in some serious trouble," Mia says chuckling.

How does she find this funny?

"Students, you were warned not to bring gadgets, devices or any extraneous object whatsoever," Commander Link sighs exasperatedly. "We were getting along so well."

He walks around on his makeshift stage. He stops when he reaches a wooden table which different objects on it.

"Phones, knifes, drugs, these things are not allowed in this school. Did I not make myself clear?!" He yells and many flinch at his sudden tone. "Today, you will be punished severely, but not only that, those who are the owners of these properties will be expelled from this school immediately and will still face punishment."

Many students gasp and some even start crying. Mia is right, some people are going to be in serious trouble.

Commander Link clasps both his hands together. "However, I am in a good mood today so I will make a deal with you. If you come up here willingly and identify your extraneous object, then I will consider your punishment and your expulsion."

He continues. "If you do not come up here willingly and I have to drag you out, then you will have to face judgement. In other words, me."

"You have five minutes to come up here before you are brought up here forcefully," He finishes and leaves us all to murmur.

Maybe this is a trick. Maybe he just wants us to come up on our own. Maybe he isn't lying and he just didn't find my phone. If I go up there, I will identify and object that isn't there and he will found out about my phone.

'Reina, what do you think?' I ask her nervously.

'I don't know, Loraly. He might be playing mind games, but he might also really have your phone up there,' She replies.

Oh boy.

I have to look on the bright side. At least I'll get to leave this hellhole.

'But then you'll also have to leave your friends,' Reina says.

Why is my life so complicated?

I have to go up there. Whatever pain I feel, Reina will feel it too and I don't want that. I don't want her to suffer because of me.

'Don't worry about me,' Reina says. 'What ever you do, I'll support you, but either way we are getting punished.'

She's right.

"I have to go find someone real quick. Will you still be here? Or would you like to go find your friends?" Mia asks.

I fake a smile. "I'll be here, don't worry."

She returns the smile and walks away.

I shouldn't have accepted the phone from Dad in the first place. That was a stupid move and now I'm going to get caught and heaven knows what they're going to do to me.

I'm not going to make another stupid move. I'm going to walk up there and identify my phone and all will be well.

Reina scoffs. 'Well?'

'You are right. We're doomed,' I say sighing.

I inhale and exhale deeply then take a step forward. Before I can take another one, an arm wraps around mine and pulls me into my original position.