1 • Her nightlife

LORALY

"Hakuna... Ma'vodka."

The phrase slips out of my mouth in the most incoherent way possible and an obnoxious giggle follows. As I down what's left of the bittersweet liquid, another giggle bubbles in my throat, almost letting itself loose but I hold it down, simply grinning instead. My eyes momentarily shut on their own accord as my ears tingle ever so slightly and I bob my head to the unfamiliar song booming from the speakers.

I scan the crowded room. Bodies grind against each other, taking up most of the space in the dimly lit room, the scent of lust and alcohol fills the air like a thick fog, making my nose twitch every now and then. The lights of the club flicker between colours continuously, highlighting the many figures in one place as loud music continues to wail from the speakers. This has become a rather familiar location for me. Like a second home, I would like to say.

Thank goodness fake IDs are a thing.

Suddenly aware of the cute bartender wiping a glass not too far from me, my confidence seems to multiply. I lean forward, biting my lip. I toss him a wink and he quickly gets the message, walking over to me with a smug smirk on his face.

I take in his full appearance. His uniform hugs his biceps and the few buttons left undone allow me to catch a glimpse of his broad chest allowing me to presume he works out regularly. His hair is dyed a dark red colour and his eyes are a beautiful grey. With a pretty face and body like that, he looks like a mighty piece of fun. Lucky me.

"I'll take that," He takes my glass and pours me another drink. "On the house."

I give him a charming smile. "Thank you."

"Now what's a damsel like you doing here all by yourself?" He returns my smile with one of his own.

I laugh, running my hand through my hair. "Who says I'm a damsel or even alone?"

He pauses before replying. "Let's try that again then. Go ahead and feel my shirt-"

I interrupt him with a deadpan look, holding back an amused giggle. "Because you think you're boyfriend material?"

"No," He pauses, looking smug. "Because I am boyfriend material. No?" I shake my head, biting my lip to hold back a laugh. "Okay. Did you hit your head when you fell from heaven-"

"Don't even complete that sentence," I twirl my finger around my glass as I tut while shaking my head. "Come on, are you even trying to impress me?"

He taps his chin for a moment as he thinks carefully of what to say. "Is your name Google? Because you are everything I've been searching for."

"You know," I sigh dramatically. "With a pretty face like yours, I thought your pickup lines would actually be good."

He shrugs. "Hey, usually, this pretty face is all it takes. How about you think of a less cheesy way for me to get your number?"

I mimic his previous action, tapping my chin momentarily. "Run around the club naked and I'll think about it."

He chuckles. "You'll think about it?"

"Mm-hm," I hum, twirling a strand of my hair.

He leans closer to me, his voice getting lower as he does so. "How about another drink on the house and a private strip session?"

My smile widens and I lean forward too. "Well, don't you know how to make a good bargain."

He glances at my lips with a cheeky grin. "That's not the only thing I'm good at."