52~ Momentarily

Loraly

*

Three days. I stopped counting the days I've spent in this cell after three days. It might have been five days or even one week and I don't even know.

My stomach is growling non-stop from unwanted hunger and my limbs hurt from being in the same stretched position for so long. My wrists and ankles feel from the silver burning my skin and Reina's presence seems to be disappearing by the second.

No one has come to see me or spoken to me since the Beta, whose name is still unknown to me, not even from Vanellope. Not hearing from her hurts more than I thought it would. I think she's being selfish. She isn't the only one who is stuck in here so I don't understand why suddenly I'm the only one to blame for our disaster of an escape plan.

If only I were able to reach Cecil or River, I would be able to get out of here, but it seems impossible. I've been trying to think of ways to get out of this cell, but all seem infertile.

And then there my mind drifts to him. My mate.

I remember the first time I heard about mates, it sounded like a fairytale. I was filled with excitement just thinking about mine. Although I caught just a glance of him and a whiff of his scent, it caused a lasting effect and I can't stop thinking about him. I can't help but worry.

He is the Alpha of this pack and I am a prisoner of this pack. He should be able to at least come see me. Every minute that passes by without his presence is like a knife to my heart. His absence only means one thing, he is going to reject us.

Reina can handle it. I'm sure of it. She is a strong wolf, a mere male- even though it's our mate- can't shake her.

It's me I'm worried about.

Thinking about him rejecting me reminds me of my past relationship and how each it left me heartbroken, I can only imagine how a rejection from my mate will leave me. He cheated on me after knowing me for almost two years. What's to say my mate can't reject me without even knowing me?

'He wouldn't,' Reina whispers, her voice filled with both hope and sadness as if she is silently begging for her mate to come.

Then where is he?

With the question still remaining on my mind, the cell opens again. My heart shimmers with hope but it quickly dims when I realize it's not my mate scent.

I don't bother to raise my head from my downcast gaze and I hear an amused chuckle.

"Am I not worthy of a glance?" The teasing tone in his voice makes me curious and I raise my head to look at him.

"Are you that desperate for attention that you seek it from a dangerous criminal?" I emphasize the word dangerous as I roll my eyes.

"Dangerous you say?" He asks calmly. "The Beta's visit wasn't the best, was it?"

"He came in here insulted me, amused me, threatened me and expected me to talk," I roll my eyes, remembering the interesting conversation. "So no, not the best visit I could have had."

He laughs softly. He doesn't seem like a threat. His stance is very calm and he has an excited gleam in his eyes. He looks like the type to make me trust him and then drain every bit of information he can from me.

"Yeah, Alexi is not the nicest person," He sighs.

So Alexi is the Beta's name.

"What do you want, Gamma?" I get straight to the point, wondering where this conversation is going.

"Gamma?" He gives me a faux shocked, hurt look. "I have a name, rebel," his tone is still playful so I take no offence. "And it's Ricky."

"What do you want, Ricky?"