30~ Her hope

Maia Mitchell as Mitchelle

Vanellopeت

*

"Finley, I think it's time to stop."

"You'll be thanking me later. After this, we'll be so much closer."

"Please, don't."

"What are you?"

"L-lope."

"Please Lope, I know you're in there somewhere."

"No...m-more."

"Lope!"

I jolt from sleep with a racing heart and sweat dripping down my forehead. My shaky hands run through my hair while I try to steady my breathing. Tears gather in my eyes and I tug my hair as I let out a loud sob.

'It wasn't your fault,' Langley whispers.

I wonder if he's dead. Maybe he committed suicide due to depression.

'Why are you even thinking about that?' Langley asks.

If he did kill himself, I doubt I would have gotten an invitation to his funeral because people thinks he raped me. Well tried to rape me.

'Vanellope...'

What if he isn't dead?

Maybe he moved far, far away from all my drama or maybe he is in a coma.

'You shouldn't be thinking about this. It wasn't your fault. It was mine and I would do it again. He deserves what he got,' Langley says.

The door bursts open, disrupting my thoughts. I turn my teary eyes faced to it and see it's Eliseo.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, tilting my head slightly.

"Why are you crying?" He asks, concern lacing his tone as he shuts the door and walks towards me.

"What are you doing in my dorm room?" I ask, a bit louder.

"You think this is your dorm room?" He asks, looking confused.

I am taken aback by his question and then I proceed to look around. Grey and white walls, black furniture, black rugs and no pictures. I jump out of the king-sized bed as I finally realize that this is not my dorm room.

Trying to remember what happened last night, I groan in slight pain, holding my head with my hands. I look down at my attire and realize I am not in the same dress as yesterday. I am in a short, pink, silk nightgown with spaghetti straps.

I gasp and jump on the bed and rapidly wrap the covers around me. Slowly turning my gaze to Eliseo, he looks amused

He walks to the bedside beside me and pours water in a glass then picks up two pills and hands them to me. I give him a look and reluctantly take them, muttering a low 'thank you'. He nods in response and sits on the other side of the bed.

My headache becomes better and I start to remember a few things from last night.

The cringe is real.

"Where am I? Why did you bring me here? Did you change me? What time is it?" I ask in one breath.

"Breathe," He says, crossing him arms. "You're at my house. I brought you here because it was past curfew last night and I couldn't take you back to your dorm. No, I didn't change you. I have a maid for that. The time is almost almost eight."

"Almost eight?! I am supposed to be in school!" I exclaim.

"I was actually thinking we could skip school today. You could rest and we could get to know each other," He says sincerely.