62~ Doctor's theories

Please vote and comment😗
Y'all know I love to see them votes and comments✨

Loraly

*

As I step out of Vanellope's room, I see Alexis talking to a woman in a lab coat. They notice my presence and stop talking, their full attention now on me. I take a few steps toward them, reducing the distance between us.

"Loraly, this is Doctor Zoe," Alexis says. "Doctor Zoe, Loraly, the one I was talking about."

She offers her hand and I shake it, taking in her features. She seems to be in her early fifties, a few grey hair hairs standing out in her long dark hair. Her eyes are a dark brown colour with a few wrinkles under them along with dark bags which are almost covered by makeup. She has a lean figure, her white button up and sky blue skirt hug her beautiful figure.

"Nice to meet you," She says in a sincere tone and I smile in return as my hands rest by my side.

"You too," I reply shortly.

"Would you mind coming with me to my office? I would like to discuss some things with you," She says in a serious tone.

"Of course," I say. I have some things I want to speak to you about as well.

"Do I need to come with or..?" Alexis asks.

Doctor Zoe shakes her head. "No need, beta. It shouldn't take too long," She turns to me. "Follow me, please," She says and starts to walk and I cast Alexis one look before following her.

Soon, we reach our destination. She opens the door and reveals a cozy office painted blue and white with a desk with a chair behind it pushed against a wall. A couple of leather chairs in front of it and a couch too.

"Have a seat please," She says politely and walks around me to sit behind her desk. "It's a pleasure to see you walking on two feet."

"What?" I mutter confused.

"When you were in the cell, I paid you a visit while you were in unconscious; made sure you weren't dead," She starts. "You broke your ankle. You shouldn't be able to walk, but I guess you were healed by a witch?" She questions to which I nod, silently thanking Cecil.

"Okay," I drawl, not exactly knowing how to reply. "How is Vanellope doing? The girl who is admitted I mean," I add, knowing she might not know Vanellope's name.

"She is fine," She gives me a genuine smile. "Most of her injuries are healed and she is stable. All that is required of her is waking up."

"And how long will that take?"

"As you must know, she is in a coma," Doctor Zoe pauses. "So it could be a couple days, week, months or even more. Attempting to pull her out of the coma could sent her body into shock and leave her brain dead. There is no need to worry, however, looking at the way she has been the past few days, she should wake up in at least a couple of weeks."

Okay. That doesn't sound too bad.

"Now, let's talk about you," She says in a grin tone, clasping her hands.

Something about the way she said that makes me gulp.

"I am aware that while you were a prisoner, you were injected with wolfsbane to stop your heat, correct?"  Shivering slightly at the memory, I nod my head. "Now, I know you might be scared that your wolf is dead but do not worry, there is a high chance she is just dormant."

Relief danced across my body immediately she says that. "Are you serious?"

I had known Reina couldn't possibly be gone, but hearing it from another person brings me great relief.