35~ Her mate

Hudson

*

The guard throws yet another punch to my jaw and I feel it shift from its normal position just a bit. It will have to heal eventually.

Since I was brought here, I've been tortured by different guards for hours. At first , they were a group of ten bulky until they left one by one, leaving this annoying guard who doesn't seem to get tired.

I am already a bloody mess. My shirt ripped when they used whips on me a long while ago and my jeans are soaked with blood. Sweat is causing my hair to stick to my face and neck. I am held up in the air by four silver chains, two bound around my wrists and ankles.

"There's one thing I admire about you, kid," He says.

"Oh yeah?" I manage to say. "What's that?"

"You don't scream like a little girl," He says and laughs. "You are a sturdy, little kid."

"Am I supposed to say thank you?" I ask, looking up at him.

He laughs and places a hand on my shoulder then slowly grabs a handful of my hair.

"I just don't understand people like you," He lets out. "You have everything here, yet you mess up, and for what? Huh?"

"I guess that's someone you will never understand because you are thinking with your fists," I tell him.

He laughs once more then suddenly stops. "I hope I receive the honor of beheading you tomorrow, kid. You will be one of many who will set an example for those who want to misbehave."

He slaps my face softly and smiles then steps away from me. I drop my head and sigh deeply as he exits the room.

It's not over yet.

I still have to wait for my father, Vaughn Piers. I dread his visit the most.

My father isn't like most. For starters, he wasn't there during my childhood. He had a one-night stand and my mother didn't see him again. She later found out she was pregnant with me and decided to keeps me without notifying my father.

She raised me for almost five years and during those years, we were happy until he found out about me. He was chaotic. He killed her and took me with him.

He wasn't an emotional man nor a romantic one so he didn't have any relationships with any women. He admitted that what happened between him and my mother was a mistake, but as far as I came from him, he wouldn't let her make me a nobody. His words, not mine.

He homeschooled me for most of my life, training me to be a warrior just like him, never truly caring about my feelings. All he wanted was to make me into a human-killing machine. His training was vigorous. He would whip me whenever I failed or leave me locked up in our dungeon for days.

I was thrilled when he let me come here. I would finally have some time away from him. I would finally be able to make my own decisions and think for myself.

I know this whole rebel thing is wrong, especially when I found out my mother's pack was attacked and she was one of the pack members who was forced to come here. A lot of teens think so, but they have been tortured into silence or killed. Here, we don't have choices. They are made for us.

Rebellion has never sat well with me and I knew the moment I saw my mate I was right. She is beautiful, smart, and strong. Her delectable scent is a blend of honey and jasmine and it just draws me closer to her.

It hurt me that she didn't want me but that didn't stop me from wanting her. Every time she denied our mate bond felt like a stab to the heart and when she rejected me, it stung, but, I knew she had no choice. I am doing this for her, for our future. I will find her and she will be mine.