20~ Her encounter

Vanellope

*

The students around me chatter away as we all await Commander Link. Most of the students, including me arrived here about fifteen minutes early.

They murmur excitedly, exchanging different scenarios of what they think will happen. It is kind of sickening how happy they are to be here.

The student beside me accidentally bumps into me in her fit of laughter, causing me to flinch in surprise. She quickly apologizes to which I just turn away from her, a little bit irritated.

I miss my friends. I just don't want to talk to them yet. I want to be alone.

Thinking back to the moment in the Sex Education class, my thumb subconsciously caresses my lower lip ever so slightly.

Why did he have to kiss me?

He did it so gently, like he was afraid to hurt me. For a moment, I liked it. The short kiss sparked some kind of flame in me and I wanted to embrace but I couldn't.

My mind took me back to the times I liked being kissed, the times I liked being touched, the times when I was once more confident but those times are gone.

He used me. He broke me. He hurt me but I hurt him more and because of that, I will never be the same.

Rubbing the spot between my eyebrows, I try to clear my mind of all my thoughts including those of my past and the ones in Miss Trixie's class.

I just hope the guy who kissed me -whatever his name is- doesn't try to talk to me. That would just be awkward.

My mind is quiet as usual. My wolf, Langley is shut out as usual. I don't let her take control of my body anymore. I don't even let her talk to me much. Our relationship is awkward. We communicate once in a while but I don't like to talk to her for a long time.

She made me this way. She knows what she did. She knows how much what she did affected me so she doesn't try to talk to me anymore. She just lets me do as I please most of the time.

She advices me sometimes when necessary. Like she is the one who advised me to train after I shifted. It was hard but I did it. I had no one to turn to then but she was with me. I trained and got stronger, not that I really needed it, except that one time.

She is one of the reasons I started researching on wolves. I was worried Langley's anger was abnormal and I needed to get help but it wasn't. According to the books I found at my house, I was a newly shifted wolf so it was natural for my wolf to be a little aggressive.

It was during my research I found out about mates, which honestly was one of the things that intrigued me most about being a wolf.

I have someone out there waiting for me to be theirs. Sure, the fact that he could reject me slightly wavered my hope but it is still there.

He would be someone who could make me truly happy.

I have to admit I was happy back home because I loved my parents and they loved me too. Though, I had limited friends and I was bullied from time at school from time to time, it was nothing I couldn't handle.

When I found out that Rebellion didn't let us be with our mates, I was angry, I still am.

My elder brother, Shaw was lucky enough not to shift so he isn't here. He was a little annoying and over protective. I miss him.

I didn't like the idea of my parent's bringing here but they did it anyway. According to them, it was their duty.

I did a bit of research on rebels and I didn't like what I found. I tried to escape and get in contact with other packs but they found out and locked me up in my room until they brought me here.