36~ Her feeling

Loraly

*

Vanellope fidgets worriedly after knocking on Ayisha's door for the second time. She is biting her lower lip so hard, I wonder how it isn't bleeding.

I am a bit worried too. I haven't seen her since last night. Who know the amount of pain she went through? Even though I have officially talked to River twice, I trust him. If he says Hudson is going to be okay, Hudson will be okay. It's Ayisha I'm worried about, mostly her mental health.

I wrap both my hands around Vanellope's and asked her to calm down. She takes deep breaths and gives me a fake smile. She raises her clenched fist to knock again, but the door swings open and reveals Ayisha.

"Hey!" She says with a big smile.

Vanellope isn't having it.

"Does your head hurt?" She starts. "Your stomach perhaps? Do you need to see the doctor? Are you tired? If you are, you don't have to go to school. We can tell-"

"Vanellope," Ayisha calls, holding both of Vanellope's shoulders. "Nothing hurts. I'm not tired. I can go to school."

"How are you holding up?" I ask and she looks at me and shrugs.

"I've been worse," She says.

"You know you can talk to us. We won't judge," Vanellope says and Ayisha smiles.

"I'm okay, guys," Ayisha says and holds one of both our hands. "Let's just not talk about it."

"Actually, we do need to talk," I say, nodding toward the stairs so we can start walking.

Ayisha closes her door and walks with us.

"What do you need to talk about?" She asks through the mindlink.

"It's about Hudson," I reply and she gulps.

"What about him?" She asks.

"He's going to be okay," I start.

"Loraly, stop," She interrupts before I can finish, grabbing my arm abruptly causing us to stop walking. "I know you're trying to help, to make me feel better, but it's really not helping. There is no way to help Hudson without getting ourselves killed. I've accepted that fact and so should you."

"I think you should let her talk, Ayisha, especially if it has to do with your mate not dying," Vanellope responds seriously and smiles at me reassuringly.

"But I don't want to let her talk!" Ayisha says. "She is going to come up with some ridiculous plan that is going to get someone hurt and I don't want that. Hudson is my mate-"

"He isn't just your mate, Ayisha," I interrupt her. "He is my friend too."

"You guys just don't get it," Ayisha says shaking her head before walking away very quickly.

"Ayisha," Vanellope calls but I hold her back.

"Let her go. She's going to have to talk to us eventually."

*

"Psst, psst. Ayisha, over here. Ayisha, Ayisha, look over here. Come on, you grumpy gummy bear, over here," I whisper-shout at Ayisha.

I was wrong. I gave her the bus ride to school and the first period, but Ayisha avoided me, only giving me one glare when she accidentally glanced at me.

It's the second period, Music and I am going to annoy her into talking to me.

I took the empty seat beside her and held her down before she could walk away, but getting her to actually talk to me is an issue.