34~ Her confusion

Loraly

*

"We need to talk."

His grim tone and the stern look on his face sends a strange shiver down my spine and I gulp as I take in his appearance.

Now that he is so close to me, his hair looks more like a very dark shade of brown than black, the messy curls sit lazily on his head. He is dressed in all black, but his hoodie has a rose patch on the right arm.

Leaning on the wall by my open window with his hands in his jean pocket, he waits for me to respond but I do not know what to say. He moves from his spot by the window and stands by my vanity.

"Sit down," He says calmly.

I eye the spot on the bed he gestures me to sit on then look at him again. Though I hesitate, I obey and sit on the bed. He, however, leans on my vanity, and instead of saying anything, he just sits there and watches me.

"Are you not going to say anything again?" I ask, not wanting to waste any more time.

He clears his throat and sighs like whatever he has to say is hard.

"I want your help," He replies finally.

After he says those words, I think back to the sleepover with girls when Vanellope said this guy might know me and just wants some information from me.

"Want or need?" I ask sweetly.

"Need," He mutters much to his hesitation.

"Why would I help a creepy stranger who keeps stalking me and beat up my friend?" I ask, casually checking my nails.

"And saved your life?" He adds cockily. "Look, I need your help," He says again.

"I don't know you so I doubt there is much I can help you with," I say with a shrug.

"There is," He replies confidently.

"And what would that be?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"I need you to help me find someone important," He says carefully.

"Who? If it's your mate, I can't help you there. I haven't had much luck myself," I say.

Reina whines in my head as I remind her of that fact.

"Not my mate. My... mother," He says slowly.

I quirk my brows and confusion runs through my mind.

"Your mother? How can I help you find her? I don't even know why your mother is," I snort.

"You do. Does the name Cecil BlackSmith ring any bells?" He asks casually.

I immediately look up at him, my eyebrows rising in interest and confusion.

Did I hear correctly?

Cecil, my Cecil is his mother? Cecil never informed me that she has a child, but I didn't found out about her mate until a few weeks ago.

"Who?" I ask, pretending not to hear.

"Cecil Blacksmith," He repeats.

"I don't think-"

"Don't lie, Loraly. I saw you with her," He says.

"Oh did you? How long have you been stalking me, Mister?" I ask amused.

He doesn't find it funny obviously and glowers at me.

"This isn't a joke, Loraly. I know both of you were close, I believe you still are."