17~ In her head

Ayisha

*

I march up the stairs and push open the double doors that lead to the roof. Unfortunately, I hear Loraly is following close behind and she does the same.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I ask angrily.

"I'm your friend," She answers.

I snort. "Friends don't sleep with their friend's mates."

"Please," She begs as I hear her take a step forward. "You have to believe me. I didn't sleep with him. We shared a few kisses but that was it."

Something about that statement makes my wolf, Dalary snap and she takes control completely. I try to take it back but she doesn't let me. Her rage and jealousy is blinding her.

Not good.

"You touched my mate," Dalary growls. "You kissed my mate," She picked Loraly's jaw.

'Dalary, stop. Loraly is our ally,' I say in an attempt to calm her.

She doesn't listen.

Loraly doesn't even try to fight. She just lets Dalary manhandle her. In the end, Loraly is at the edge of the roof and Dalary tells her to jump.

Loraly is not going to do it. She's not that dumb. She could get seriously hurt.

"Count backwards from three and give Ayisha back control and I'll do it," She says.

What?

Dalary won't give me control.

'Dalary, please, just let me handle this,' I say.

Dalary doesn't reply.

Loraly trusts me to take back control and stop her. She obviously trust issues.

"Three," Dalary begins.

I take a deep breath.

"Two."

I close my eyes and try to take back control.

"One."

Dalary surprisingly gives me back control and I stare at Loraly.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Proving to your wolf that I didn't sleep with Hudson."

"You think I'm going to stop you, don't you?"

I am.

She ignores me and turns around. She looks down and suddenly starts laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask as my brows furrow in confusion.

"I just imagined jumping down. My body would be splattered over the cement. It made me remember Tom and Jerry," She laughs again and I tilt me head, watching her.

And suddenly I'm doubting if she's sober.

"Do it then. Jump," I dare her.

Don't do it.

She places one leg in front of the other like she wants to walk off the edge and she lets herself go.

I swiftly grab her shirt and she stops abruptly. A look of relief flashes on her face and I start to pull her in.

I notice her shirt begins to rip and my eyes widen. Loraly also notices and I try to grab her arm but I miss by a couple of inches.

Her shirt rips completely and she plummets to the ground.