63~ His other half

*

My eyes slowly crack open as I finally seize full control of my human body. Just a few seconds in and I can already hear Tobias' growl of disapproval as he tries to tug the control away from me. His attempt are rendered useless especially when I glance at my mate.

Her features express nothing but shock as they stare at me in awe, her mouth slightly open, her brown eyes noticably wider. Her hair falls to her shoulders and her dark skin looks so smooth and tempting to touch. She blinks once, her eyelashes fluttering as my eyes drop to her pink lips. All mine.

I hear my irritable human growl in annoyance at the back of my mind. "Don't you even think about it-"

"Enough," I growl back. "You've had your say. And it has been more than enough. It's my turn to talk now so it would be much appreciated if you shut up and let me talk to our mate."

He tugs control but I shove him further into the back of my mind, so far his growls feel like nothing but mere vibrations. His anger, however, I can still feel through our bond.

I turn my full attention to my mate again, Loraly. In her beautiful brown eyes, I see confusion and even slight worry swirl in them. Suddenly, the need to scoop her up into my hands overtakes me. I push seat back and stand up, not taking my eyes off her.

I walk around the table and in a flash, I'm by her side. I carefully grab her hand and pull her up and she complies absentmindedly. I engulf her in a hug, wrapping my arms around her waist. Her shock is still evident as her hands lay unsurely by her sides, palms clenching and unclenching in uncertainty.

With a sneaky smile, I hoist her up and spin her around. Her wonderful laugh rings through my ears as I set her down, a smile on her face.

"Beautiful," I whisper, caressing her cheek.

She seems deeply affected by the small amount of physical contact. Small, satisfying sparks igniting where we make contact. She closes her eyes momentarily, enjoying it as a red blush stains her cheek. She opens her eyes again, still giving me a toothy smile.

"You're his wolf," She says in a soft voice, mostly to herself in a relieved yet saddened tone. "What's your name?"

"Gavin," I reply, almost too quickly.

"Gavin," She repeats my name like it's a sweet melody and I internally groan in meagre pleasure.

"Loraly," I say her name and her grin widens.

"I-," She stops herself, pulls herself out of my arms and shudders almost immediately and I frown. "Are you just like him? Are you trying to toy with my feelings? Because if you are, it's not funny."

Congratulations to my wonderful human for planting a bunch of nonsense in my mate's head. Now she thinks I don't want her.

"Want you?" I question, taking a step toward her. "That would be a feeble way of describing what I already feel toward you, want. I need you, I crave you. I need to get to know you, to know what you like and don't like. I crave to stand beside and rule with you. I desire nothing more than to hold your hand and walk down the streets and watch the sunset on a beach and do whatever you want. I would love for us to go on countless dates to ignite a love I hope that never dies."

"So you do want me?" She asks, her voice still filled with uncertainty.

"I need you, but if you want me to be feebleminded and say I want you, then fine, I want you," I grab her by her hips and pull her closer, shoving my fave into her neck. "Don't ever think otherwise, gorgeous."