16~ Her business

Pic of Mia up top^

*

My heart skips a beat as I fall backward in slow motion. Ayisha snaps out of her daze and grabs the front of my shirt and I stop abruptly.

That could have ended really badly.

She pulls me in but my shirt begins to rip. Her eyes widen as she reaches out to grab me by arm but she misses it by a few inches.

The soft fabric rips completely and I plummet to the ground. I hear an earsplitting scream and I'm a little surprised when I realize it's mine.

"Loraly!" Ayisha's voice meets my ears but I cannot respond.

My heart feels like it's in my throat and it begins to beat faster and thump louder. My breaths come out as pants and my hair is blocking my view. I simply close my eyes and prepare to hit the ground.

Suddenly, strong arms wrap around me; one around my waist and the other behind my head. The action surprises me and I gasp as cologne fills my nostrils and my head is shoved into a hard chest.

There is a loud ringing in my ears as hit the ground and a migraine hits. My eyelids are heavy, my arms numb. An incoherent sound leaves my mouth as he lays me down. His hood covers his face as he does so but I catch a glimpse of his blue eyes.

*

"...aly. Loraly! Wake up dammit!"

The feeling of someone shaking me vigorously causing me jump. My eyes snap open and they quickly search around for danger.

"Where's the fire?!" I scream as I look around.

Almost immediately, I am attacked with a hug from Ayisha. Her arms wrap around my neck and we land on the floor with a thud. I return the gesture, patting her back.

"Are you stupid?" She asks as she lets go and we sit on the grass.

"No?" I answer unsurely.

"Then why did you jump?"

"Technically, I didn't jump. I-"

"You get what I'm saying," She snaps.

"Cos I knew you would save me which you did."

"So you risked your life to prove a point?"

"I wouldn't call it risking my life because I wouldn't have died."

She shakes her head and flicks me between my eyes.

"Well don't do it again. I was really scared," Ayisha says.

"I am honoured," I say as I lay hand on my chest dramatically.

"Who was that guy anyway?" She asks.

"The guy that saved me?"

"No, your ex-boyfriend," She replies sarcastically.

I roll my eyes. "I don't know."

"Then why did he save you?"

"Because he wouldn't want me to ruin this pretty face," I smirk as I respond.

It is her turn to roll her eyes.

"He has to know you somehow because he broke your fall; you're barely hurt."

"I remember his eyes though," I pause as I think back to his deep blue eyes. "They match the eyes of this guy I caught staring at me in the hallway."

"You have a handsome stalker and I don't know?"

"Well..." I trail off. "We weren't really talking so..."