Chapter 10 - Dinner

Start from the beginning

I nodded "Ok ill go but are you sure you wanna take me cuz well look at me." I told him while pointing at myself. I was wearing a lose crop top and boot cut jeans I looked all emo. He laughed "Lilly you look awesome! Don't worry my friends won't judge you." His voice was so melodic and I loved it. I hugged him, "Ok but why don't we go thru the front door?" I asked him and he laughed. "Cuz we're sneaking out. If Adam sees us he'll freak out and well he's uptight." He said.

Brad's POV

"Ok but why don't we go thru the front door?" Lilly asked me and I laughed already picturing Adams red face if he saw me with Lilly "his property" according to him. "Cuz we're sneaking out. If Adam sees us he'll freak out and well he's uptight." I said the picture of him red faced still in my mind. "Wait so how do we get down?" She asked me her eyes filled with curiousity. "Do you trust me?" I asked her and looked at her face.

"Yes, yes I do." She said almost instantly and I smiled. "Get on my back and hold on without looking down." I said and she looked at me a little bit scared "I won't let you get hurt Lilly, just don't let go of me." I said and I meant it. No matter what happened I would never let Lilly get hurt in anyway if I could help it. I heard Lilly sigh and hug me from behind pulled me closer to her and burying her face on my shoulder. "Tell me when we're on the floor." She said softly.

I smiled and jumped over the balcony causing her to yelp in surprise. "Keep your eyes closed Lilly." I said as I took hold of the pole besides the balcony and slid all the way down slightly burning them in the process. We made a soft tud sound when we hit the bottom and Lilly almost choked me. "Were on the floor." I said and Lilly opened her eyes."Oh thank the ancestors!" She half yelled half murmured and clung closer to me.

After awhile she let go and ran to my bike. "You ready or what?" She yelled from the bike were she was waiting. Her helmet was already on but I could feel her smile radiating from inside it. I ran to my bike got on and felt her warm arms wrap around me as I started the bike and took off down the road towards the beach. It was dark and it was late meaning it was perfect for the bonfire. Having her close felt so good to me.

It took a few minutes to get to beach and the location of the bonfire. All the way there she kept close to me, hugging me letting me feel her warming presence that made me feel like I was walking on cloud nine. After only a while we got there to see Donovan and Cherryl were already there waiting for us, moving to the beat of metal. "Hey you guys made it." Donovan said halting to a stop. Lilly blushed furiously when he looked at her.

I walked closer to him and gave him a friendly hug and hand shake. "Donovan this is Lilly, Lilly This is Donovan and Cherryl there mates if you haven't already noticed." I said pointing at her and smiling. "Hi Lilly." Both Donovan and Cherryl said together smiling at Lilly. She blushed and waved back at them, "We're glad you guys came. Sit down have a snack we brought everything!" Donovan said happily while Cherryl smacked him lightly besides the head.

"We," Cherryl scoffed, "You brought have the house as we ran the risk of shortage." She said finishing and Lilly laughed along with her. I took out some hot dogs and a bottle of tea for Lilly for me I took out some soda. I handed lilly her hot dog on a stick and she slowly roasted it over the fire leaning in to me relaxing. Donovan looked at us and smiled without saying anything.

Lilly's POV

As I rosted my hot dog I felt myself lean into Brads shoulder for comfort. When my hot dog was done I placed it on the bun and ate it along with everyone else. It felt nice to be here with Brad and his friends. They didn't ask questions and just treated me as if they had always known me something I was new to. Back home people didn't want to be near me and they usually weren't if they didn't need to be. People were totally mean to me.

When my favorite song came up on the radio I started to sing along. "How can you see into my eyes like open doors? Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold until you find it there and lead it back home." My voice was soft but on cue to Evanescence unaware of everyone in the group looking at me singing.

"Wow Lilly, right?" Cherryl asked me and I nodded. "You have such a good voice." She said and I blushed. After that we hanged out for a little while more before everyone went there own way home. As Brad speeded down the road home I could help but smile. I had enjoyed myself a lot it felt natural not forced like it d id with Adam. I shook my head trying to clear it from those strange thoughts I had. I really wished things were different for us.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

The next chapter is up hope you like it and the next one will be up in the next few days. Tell me what you think Vote/Comment/Share and help this story keep moving forward :) Love you all