Fifty-seven (Helpless)

~Previously on Addicted~

"I'm going out for a walk."

"Are you acting this way because I don't want to go to group therapy?"

"Raise your hands in the air!"

"Baby I missed you."

"You lied to me!"

______________________

Rose POV

~Two months later~

You know that feeling you get when you're outside, and the sun is barely rising. And when the sun finally becomes visible, its light gently hits your face with its warmth. Right there you would be relaxed; safe. You wouln't care if your life ended right there, because your soul has already made its way out of you.

I wish I can have that feeling back. I wish I could have graduated from High School like a normal young adult; getting ready to face the real world that has been hidden behind the walls of my mind. I wish for many things to come back, but there's a reason that things and people come and go in our life. If something never stays in you life, then it means it was never meant to be yours. It was never meant to be in control of your love, or soul; it was just not meant to be yours at all.

I think that's why Harry and I never worked out. I guess it's, because we're not meant to be. Every time we're together someone ends up getting hurt at the end.

Two months passes since I slapped Harry across the face. The only thing I remember is that Harry then got up, and yelled at me in a way that thunder hits the sky, the rest is just a blur. Louis then gave me a call later that day, and I asked him if I could crash in at his place for a while. Like always he said yes, and took me in like the old days. Since then I have been living with him, and it's not awkward at all. It feels like nothing has happened, and that we never split up from being friends. He broke up with Eleanor a while back before moving here to England.

I started going to group therapy for a while now. I've noticed that the person that needed help wasn't only Harry, but also with me. I noticed that I was pure mental psycho. I should have treated Harry the way he was treating me; he wanted to start over, and instead I would bring up all the trouble.

I started to go to the doctor to get my daily check ups. I also started to get treatment, after my percentage of getting cancer got higher. To be honest I'm scared, but in the same time I feel like I shouln't be worried at all. We are all going to die someday, it's just that I don't want to die soon, nobody does. We all expect to die in a normal day; when the sun has gone to its position, and the sky is wide open to recive us. But the thing that frightens me the most is not death, but how I'm going to die...

"Rose?" Louis voice breaks my thoughts from the kitchen. I didn't notice that he's been talking to me for a while now, and I wasn't paying attention at all. I cross my legs while seated on the couch, and I look over to him from the living room.

"I'm sorry Lou, what is it that you were saying?" He playfully rolls his eyes before walking out of the kitchen to it next to me.

"What I was saying," he begins to speak. "Is that you better get ready now because you need to be at your group therapy in an hour."

I shake my head before opening my mouth. "No."

"No what?" He asks with a puzzled expression marked on his face.

"I don't feel like going to group therapy today. I have this feeling inside of me, I feel like something horrible will happen today." It's true, I really do have that feeling right now. I feel like something out of the ordinary will punch me in the face.

"Then if you feel that way then you can share that feeling with the group; see if someone can help." Sometimes I feel like Louis treats me like if I just came out of the mental hospital, but I don't blame him, because I feel like I should be put in there sometimes.

"I just don't like to tell the whole group about everything. If I am then I might as well tell them my bra cup size. I mean if we need to share about everything then why not that?"

"Because that's ridiculous Rose." He gives me a I'm tired of your bullshit face that makes me crack into a laugh. He laughs along before I notice that we're too close to each others faces. I quickly stand up, and I pretend that I have to do something.

"Well I'm gonna go take a shower before time flies by." Shit. I hope I didn't' make things awkward. I made sure I didn't went off walking fast that it makes it look like it's obvious, but I also didn't walk slow enough that it makes it look like I want something from him. Why am I over thinking about this situation? Louis was right, I am being ridiculous.

...

After I got done with the shower, and I got dressed I got in my car, and I started to drive to the building where the group therapy takes place. I decided to dress comfortable today than presentable. I let my hair up in a messy bun, and I am wearing black leggings with a gray sweater and combat boots.

When I finally got to the building I parked my car in the closest parking spot to the building before turning the engine off. I grabbed my purse and the keys before walking in. I walked down an empty hallway that leads to a door at the end of it. I open the door, realizing that everyone is here, and I'm late. I look at the clock in the wall, and I see that I'm almost half an hour late. Ugh just what I needed.

"Miss Young," The group therapist begins to speak. "Please take your seat and explain to us what you're feeling today." I look at the middle of the room, where everyone is at in a circle seated on their chairs. I see that there's an empty chair, so I make my way to go take a seat.

"Well." I swallow hard on my own saliva as I notice that everyone's eyes are on me. It feels like I'm giving a presentation out while in class back when I was in school. I take a deep breath and I try not to over think it.

"I'm a 'c' cup.'' Wait. What did I just say? Oh shit I had the whole bra thing in my head. Ugh just kill me now!

Everyone started to laugh, and I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment like hot boiling lava.

"Well lets go to-" I interrupt him by speaking over him.

"Actually what I meant to say was that I feel like something bad might happen to me today." And I think this is it, the big horrible moment of embarrassment.

The door then swings open, and a guy walks in. "Sorry I'm late. I came here today because I can't take the pain inside of me anymore." I gasp really loudly when I realize who it is. Then his eyes landed on mine, and everything froze.
_________________
I will be posting a new Fan Fiction of Niall Horan. It won't be a short story but a normal story like this one. It will be up next week! Love you❤️
-WaleskaRomo