Fifty-Two (Falling)

~Previously on Addicted~

"How did you sleep?"

"I can't take it anymore."

"You need to let it all out."

"...You never want to talk about things that are hard."

"That's in the past."

"I was abused and raped."when I was hurt."

"I was always there when my sister was hurt, or when my mom was hurt, but nobody was there when I was hurt."

"Talking about things like this remind me of the past, and everything I lost. Everything."

"...I need to be alone."

I look around and I find a note on top of his bed.

"He left."

____________________

Rose POV

I reread the note again. It took me a few seconds to realize that Harry just left, long gone. But to where? And why?

I feel my body getting cold as every second passes, every beating aching second that passes makes my head spin faster, out of control as anxiety starts to rise in me. It feels like if you close your eyes you will pass out, and be long gone like in a nightmare, except that I have to go though this nightmare, all by myself.

I look back at the note. I rip it in half and I let the two pieces fall to the floor. When I looked back down I then notice that there is something written on the back of it. I pick up the two pieces, and I put them together.

My biggest mistake wasn't falling for you, it was thinking that you had fallen for me too.

My heart sinks. What does this mean? Did he fall in love with me? I mean I know he was feeling something but I didn't know he had fallen for me. Does he think I don't feel the same for him?

He moved to England with you to protect you from Shadow.

He risked his life to kill Shadow for you.

He did everything for you, and you did nothing. Of course he thinks that you don't want him. He thinks you haven't fallen for him, yet he still stayed here when you left. When YOU left.

The voices get louder inside of me, echoing and bouncing back and fourth from the walls in my mind. They take over me, my soul, making me think over everything that has happened.

Harry left because of me, when he most needs me because of the lost of his mom. I'm messed up as hell. I need to find him before he does anything that he would regret later, or if he would even be alive to regret.

The thought of Harry killing himself shot goose bumps all over my body, shivering down my back and arms. But where could he be? Wait. He left because of love, which he could maybe be depressed right now. When I was depressed I wanted to kill myself, so he's maybe harming himself.

I look out the window, and there it is. The tallest building where Shadow was going to throw me off. Oh shit.

...

I took a cab to arrive faster than going by foot. When I got there everything was normal. People where crossing the street and nobody was aware if there were to be someone on the roof of the building.

I cross the street to get a better view of the top, but when I walk backwards while looking up I bump into someone.

"Shit I'm sorry." I say as I turn around to face the person. Then my heart sinks again.

"Rose?" The familiar voice rings through my ears.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" Now I'm really going crazy.

"What are you doing here? You disappeared and I haven't seen you since the car accident thing." He grabs me into a hug before I said anything else. Louis has always been so sweet and caring.

"Louis I'm sorry but I'm busy." I quickly say, looking back up. From the corner of my eye I can see him lower his head, and shove his hands in his pockets.

"Have you seen Harry around?" I ask looking back down at him. She shakes his head, still looking down.

"Well I need to go-"

"Can I have your number?" He quickly snaps his head up when the words came out of his mouth.

"Uhh...sure." He pulls out his phone, and I give him my phone number before saying a quick 'bye' and leaving.

I quickly walk inside the building, making my way to the roof by the elevator.

It took longer than I expected to get to the top, so my anxiety got stronger inside of me, making me light headed.

When I finally got to the top I was met with a harsh wind. I looked around and I saw him. Harry was on top of the edge. He raised his arms next to him, in a position that people do when feeling like flying.

"Harry no!"
_______________________

Q: What has been your favorite part of the story so far?

Sorry if the chapter was bad🙈
ily all!
-WaleskaRomo