Fifty-Four

~Previously on Addicted~

"Please don't do it."

"Why? So you can leave me again just like everyone else has?!"

"I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's life after that, I'll love you then."

"Can we start over?"

"I saw Amanda."

"Amanda is not here..."

"Son."

"Dad?"

________________

Rose POV

My heart dropped by the surprise visit of Harry's dad. He looks the same as the day I first saw him, tall and thin, in a good way. He has dark brown hair, but the roots are in a light silver shade of gray. He has those light emerald green eyes that Harry has, but doesn't look much like him, maybe because the first thing that you see on Harry are tattoos. He has a healthy smile that carves and gives a glow on his face, like the kind you would imagine an angel from heaven will have. He looks happy, but a worried layer of feeling is underneath his skin, aching inside.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asks, but it came out more of a demand to know. Harry's dad; Des, takes a step closer, and you can tell he's nervous. Harry's hands clench into a ball of fist, but I smooth his arm with my hand for him to know I'm here, and needs to calm down. His body relaxes a little, before he let out a deep breath that he didn't notice he has been holding for a while now.

"I found out your mother died, and I want to clear out some things-" Des is then interrupted by Harry. Harry lets out a disturbing small laugh, one you will give that people call it an evil laugh when you see it on movies. I give his arm a small squeeze, as a warning for him to stop. He just slipped away from me, and took a few steps closer to his dad.

"You want to have a father and son talk? Well we may have the same blood that flows through our veins, but I will never be your son, and you will never be my father." I can see that the words that came out of Harry's mouth hit Des hard, like a sledgehammer when used to break the wall.

"He's your father," I whisper to him when he turned to walk away. "You need to talk to him."

Harry's POV

Rose gives me a small weak smile, that then leads to her walking inside the house, leaving me alone with this fucker. I hate him. I hate him with every fiber in my body, and if Rose weren't here I would have knocked the life out of him. He just stands there, looking at me and waiting for me to forgive him, but that will never happen. As long as my soul is in this body, and I'm breathing, I will never forgive him. I know it can sound harsh, but this man has destroyed my life, and every bit of hope I had on him.

"Harry, I know I haven't been there, and I know I left you at a young age, but I am here to tell you-"

"You are damn right about that! How do you think it feels to have someone just walk away from your life? I saw you open the door to this very house, and walk out. I saw you drive away, and I never saw you again. Having someone get out of your life is different than seeing someone walk away, because seeing them walk away makes you lose all the hope you had on a life that has forever." I never in my life have I ever talked about something like this. I never spoke about my feelings, or the power that builds up inside of my soul, and it makes me feel different.

His eyes get glossy, like seeing the surface of water when the sun hits it in a beach. He takes a deep breath before clearing his voice. "Harry I-"

"Nah save it. I don't want to listen to a man that has left his family for another woman. Where is she? Huh? Where's that bitch-"

"I know I screwed up! I fucking know that I made a huge mistake that can't be forgiven! You think I feel good about this? I hate myself for doing something like this! I would do anything, anything, to erase the past, and start over. To be a real father, one you never got the chance to have." His words come in me, but immediately get out, burned into ashes, and faded away into the wind.

"The only problem is," I begin to speak. "that I have already erased the past, and you out of my life. And once you lose something it can never come back. Now let me live a life where you're not in it." I walk away, not giving him a chance to look at me any longer in the eyes, or for him to say anything else.

I hear him say something, but I shut the door once I was inside the house. I know I have the right to be mad at him. Actually the word mad describes nothing on what I really feel. I feel like some weight has lifted off from my back for saying what I wanted to say for a while now, but in the same time more has been added. All of this is really messing me up and playing with me, and everything inside of me.

I see Rose in the kitchen, cooking something. When she hears me walk in the kitchen, she turns around, and turns off the stove.

"So... did you talk to him?" Her voice is low, and just by looking at her I can tell she's worried. I take a seat on a chair next to the kitchen island, and she does the same. I stay silent for a few seconds before opening my mouth to speak.

"I told him what he needed to hear," I say. Her face then slowly falls down, making the color on her face slowly dissolve away with the light she also had.

"He's gone. Isn't he?" She looks away, and I'm confused by her reaction. Why is she acting this way? Why is she affected by Des leaving, or I not talking to him?

"Yes he left, but because I don't want him here, and I never will-"

"Why can't you just leave the past? Why is it so complicated for you to forgive him?" She is now standing, and her eyes are showing something I have never seen before.

"Rose why-"

"Oh for God's sake Harry! He came here because I called him, and he's the one who paid for your mothers funeral!"

____________________

Q: If you had the chance to be the opposite gender for a whole day would you take it?

Tbh I like being a girl so I don't think I would take it. -WaleskaRomo