Thirty-six - Don't Touch What's Mine

Start from the beginning

"Or else what?"

"I-I..." Jimin took a deep breath, "I will get a kick—"

"I don't think so. Nothing bad is going to happen to him."

Jimin's eyes grows bigger as he heard a familiar voice next to him.

He realized that seconds ago, someone was climbing up on the table. But he didn't expect it to be Jungkook since he thought it would be one of the bullies who was going to give him a kick on the face.

Luckily, he was wrong. It was his friend, Jeon Jungkook.

As he turned to face the taller who was standing firm next to him, he could see the anger in Jungkook's eyes which were growing aggressively.

"Who the fuck are you?" asked Ha-Joon, already feel enraged.

Jungkook clenched his jaw tightly, his eyes not blinking from gawking at Ha-Joon deadly. He then reached for Jimin's hand near him and drew the boy close to standing behind him.

And just like that, Ha-Joon had lost sight of Jimin's pale face behind Jungkook's broad body.

"As you can see, I am bigger than you. If you don't want to get hurt, get out of my face right now," said Jungkook, his voice choked with resentment.

"Is he insane? Who is he?" the students began whispering to each other, surprised by Jungkook's boldness.

Ha-Joon scoffed loudly as he walked closer to Jungkook, smirking. He was amazed by Jungkook's bravery in talking to him while looking straight in the eyes.

"I've never seen your face before. I bet you're new here because everyone here knows. Whoever dared to interrupt my lovely time with that fucker behind you, they will stand in for the boy and protect him from being beaten to death."

Ha-Joon patted Jungkook on the chest, wiping away the invisible dust while chuckling. "You get what I'm saying, don't you?"

He moved closer to Jungkook's face and gave the boy a lethal stare. "So, if you don't want to get hurt, hand that fucker over to me. Now."

Jungkook broke into a sudden low chuckle when the boy, at last, had patted his vortex of anger on the head, causing him to have the desire to take Ha-Joon's head down under his feet.

But for the next second, he realized that he shouldn't do that. He remembered that he'd only just entered this school and he didn't want to be expelled or anything that would keep him away from staying close to Jimin.

Because of that, he did everything he could to keep that small fire that was slowly igniting inside of his burning chest under control.

This time, it was Jungkook's turn to take one step closer to the boy.

The smirk on Ha-Joon's face instantly disappeared in just the blink of an eye. He suddenly felt small since Jungkook was much taller and bigger than him, and having Jungkook so close to him at the moment had made him feel like he was losing.

"Listen, you motherfucker." Jungkook cleared his throat while his tensed eyes probing the boy's soul. "Yeah sure, you're right about I'm new here. And I had no idea that a thoughtless moron like you exists in this school."

"A moron?" Ha-Joon scoffed, his face tightening in rage.

Jungkook slightly tilted his head and chuckled, "Yeah. Why? Or do you want another pet name? A scumbag?"

"Don't put me to the test, bastard. Otherwise, you'll regret it."

Jungkook's lips moved up into a little sneer, "You sure? Or you'll be the one who will suffer the heavy taste of regret for touching what's mine," Jungkook said in a menacing tone.

"What? 'What's mine?'" Ha-Joon let out a small chuckle. "What do you have that you're so sure I'll spend my valuable time touching any of your shit?"

Jungkook guffawed heartily while shaking his head. "Seriously, though. This good for nothing scumbag is seriously stupid as fuck." uttered him between his laughter, followed by the other students around him which have made the anger growing inside of Ha-Joon's chest.

Jungkook then turned around and finally had his time to look at Jimin in the eyes. And that was the time when he noticed something. The boy's eyes were filled with tears.

He immediately flashed a warm smile and helped the boy take a breather.

"It's okay. You don't have to be scared anymore. Come here," he gently pulled Jimin to stand beside him and without hesitation, he encircled Jimin's shoulder with his arm.

"J-Jungkook. What are you doing?" whispered Jimin, secretly elbowing Jungkook on the waist.

The taller didn't say anything as his gaze fixed on Ha- Joon's irritated expression. "Look here, scumbag."

He then pointed his finger at Jimin. "Right here. Look carefully. He's mine. This is what I meant when I said, touch what's mine and you'll see hell. Understand?"

Jimin's heart skipped a beat when he heard the words. He couldn't believe that someone would finally stand up to these bullies for him. His gaze never left Jungkook for a second.

"Did you just give me a warning, shitass?" Ha-Joon chuckled anxiously.

"Yeah. And I know you heard me well enough that I don't have to repeat myself."

"You have no idea, don't you? What will happen to those who tried to become a hero in front of my face?"

"You also have no idea, don't you? How much damage you'll get if you messed with me?"

"Oof, I'm so scared." Ha-Joon snickered, "What can you do, huh? Punch me?"

"Anything other than murder? I don't want to rot in jail," remarked Jungkook and Jimin accidentally broke into a chuckle which has made Ha-Joon glared at him deadly in frustration.

"And scumbag, I'm not done yet. Let me give you one last warning, aight?" Jungkook let go of Jimin and inched closer to Ha-Joon.

He patted the boy on the chest and wiped away the imaginary dust, just like what the boy had done to him a few minutes ago.

"Back in my previous school, everyone knew that whoever dared to touch what's mine, they will kneel in front of me. Begging, crying, and pleading to me to stop hurting them before they would get beaten to death." Jungkook said, forming a small smile while his icy cold eyes never changed.

"You get what I'm saying, don't you?"

All of the students in the room were in awe of what they were seeing. For the first time, someone dared to bring Ha-Joon down and lay a hand on the boy's shirt.

Jungkook broke out in a huge grin when he noticed something shifted in Ha- Joon's quivering eyes.

The braveness had escaped and silently been replaced by a cowardly one.

Great.

"So, scumbag. If you don't want to get beaten up to death, stay away from Park Jimin the next time you meet him. Aight? Don't let my hands get dirty because of a scumbag like you. Remember that."