imagine #45 : damon

imagine seeing damon after being apart for a century

You and Damon used to date, but back then, it wasn't what most would call dating. You were a sophisticated couple, though both of you vampires, and you spent your time together by eating people and having fun as you did so.

But tough times required tough decisions, and you ended up being taken away from Damon. It was mess of tears, yells and sobs, love declarations but none of it helped. Your death was faked and you got sent far away from Damon. It hurt you, but you moved on and started a new life that he just wasn't a part of.

But after a century, you were living in Mystic Falls where you had heard the latest doppelgänger was and you had learned that the Salvatore brothers had a sweet spot for those. Especially Stefan - Damon was always more into you while Stefan hung around Katerina. But when you saw Damon and Stefan both trying to get the doppelgänger's - Elena Gilbert's - attention, jealousy bubbled inside you, but so did happiness because for the first time in a century, you saw Damon. Your first love.

You met him outside a bar that he left with Stefan and Elena. The two were going further, while Damon stayed behind and you could see how he had allowed himself to fall in love again, and he was definitely having feelings for Elena. It hurt you, but it didn't stop you from making a move on him.

"So doppelgängers still continue to sweep the Salvatores off of their feet", you let out in the dark cold night as you breathed out chilly air. Damon snapped his head to the direction of your voice, and he froze. 

"Y-Y/N?"

"The one and only."

You could see Damon's lips curving into a familiar smirk and he flashed to you in a second and slammed you against a wall. Your lips met and you shared a passionate kiss. Oh how you had missed the feeling of his soft, plump lips on yours, showing you how much he loved you - even after all the time you spent apart from each other. 

You grabbed his dark hair and kissed him with intensity and passion, but also with love. It felt good to know that after all this time he still cared about you, that he still had those feelings for you underneath a cover that just had to ripped apart. And you did that to him. You made all those feelings, all that love he had for you flood out and into you. 

"I love you Y/N, I still do, I always have and always will", Damon declared his love to you and kissed you once more. You smiled and nodded your head, feeling the same way.

"I missed you", you whispered and let him take you to his place where you had a lovely night together, obviously.