imagine #40 : kol

imagine kol thinking you're dead and admitting that he loves you

You and Damon had been driving to the Mikaelson Mansion where you were supposed to meet Kol, and Damon was supposed to discuss about something with Klaus. But on your way there your car crashed to another one, and Damon died. Of course, he would wake up, but he died anyway since his neck snapped on the hit. You were only injured slightly, sure your body was now full of ugly marks but at least you didn't die, even though you could have.

So you stayed at home for the evening, and didn't even call Kol who was your... something. Not your boyfriend, really, but not only friend either. Something. But you should have.

Because when Kol later was sitting in Mystic Grill, he overheard a conversation about the car crash and only managed to hear out that you had died. 

Kol fled the bar, and went behind it where he smashed into a wall because he couldn't possibly see with his blurry eyes that were slowly filling with tears. He hadn't cried before, not as much at least, but now, he was utterly broken. The one girl he loved, had died, and his heart was now shattered to pieces. He kept hitting his head against the brick wall until it started to bleed, and he cried angrily, aggressively. When his head was dizzy and hurting enough, he started to throw trash cans and lamps around the street, creating a havoc. 

He didn't know how to cope. He didn't know how he would ever again cope, with anything. He loved you, deeply, yet you didn't know it well enough, and here he was now, regretting every second that he spent not telling you about his feelings.

Kol Mikaelson had never been so fragile, so weak in his life before. He was crying on the street, yelling, hurting and breaking things faster than ever. He ripped a street lamp off of the ground, twisted it into two pieces and then threw it into a wall, causing a dent in it but nothing mattered. Nothing mattered to him anymore. 

Soon enough the pain took Kol over and he fell to the ground, where he stayed, not caring if a car would drive him over and cause him pain because he was sure he had already reached the biggest amount of it he just possibly could.

And at the same time, you were driving to the Grill, knowing you had to see him and give him the relief of knowing you were okay, in case he had heard anything about the accident. Just as you were about to reach the Mystic Grill, you noticed someone on the ground and you quickly stopped the car and ran out of it, and towards the person on the ground, right in front of your car that nearly drove over him.

"Are you alright?", you asked, and grimaced at the pain that shot through your leg and side as you walked. The man on the ground raised his head and gave a shocked look to your direction.

"Y/N?"

"Kol?"

He flashed up, and to you and pulled you into his arms. As he twirled you around and drowned you into kisses, you noticed the mess on the street. 

"I heard that you were dead and I couldn't take it- I- I love you, Y/N, I apologize for every moment where I haven't shown you enough affection because quite frankly you are everything I care about, and I need you in my life, Y/N. You frightened me, darling, I was devastated! You have no idea how glad it makes me to see you, to feel you and know you're alive, you're really here! Y/N I love you, I'm in love with you, I need you, I care about you, I want you, I love you", Kol stammered while crying. He looked at you, deeply into your eyes and you started to cry as Kol's lips met yours.

It was a gentle, tender kiss, but it was enough. Enough to show you that he really did love you.