preference #43 : you overhear him talking about you

ELIJAH : You and Elijah had invited Rebekah over for the evening. You ate dinner together, and later sat in the living room and talked about everything and anything. You decided to go in the kitchen and make some coffee when Elijah suggested so, and when it was almost done you returned to the living room to ask if Rebekah wanted some too, but you stopped when you heard them talking. About you. "She is a sweet girl", Rebekah commented and you heard Elijah chuckle. "I love her with my entire heart. Y/N means the world to me", he said and you smiled happily before going back to the kitchen and letting them talk more.

KOL : You were taking a shower, alone unfortunately, and Kol was in your bedroom, on the phone with someone. From the small bits you could hear you figured out it was Niklaus, that someone, and it made you smile to yourself while you washed your hair. They would often bicker, and little moments like these, where they both actually enjoyed each other's company, even if it was over the phone, made you happy. As you were about to step out of the bathroom, you heard Kol mentioning your name. "Y/N is a lovely person. I'm truly in love with her", he said, and made you so happy you bit your lip and smiled widely while blushing. 

JEREMY : You were staying at the Gilbert house for the night, and you had planned a movie night with Jeremy and Elena. You let them choose the movie, while you made some popcorn for you to eat while watching it. It took some time, but when you were ready you walked back to the living room but slowed down when you heard your name being mentioned in their conversation. "She's nice, I like her", Elena said, and smiled to Jeremy who was glad of the support his sister was giving to your relationship. "She makes me happy. I love her so much", Jeremy said and sighed happily while slumping down onto the couch, before you accompanied him with a smile on your face. 

KLAUS : Klaus and Elijah were either incredibly close or fighting all the time, and you had decided it was time for them to have a proper dinner together and talk about everything. You let them eat in peace, while you sat in another room and listened to their conversation. Sometimes it would heat up, but eventually they always calmed down, knowing the dinner was about making official peace and stopping the constant arguing. "So... Y/N?", you heard Elijah say quietly. "Y/N is a wonderful person, Elijah, and I would appreciate it if our relationship got your support. I'm in love with her", Klaus replied. You bit your lip and smiled in happiness, he was so sweet. 

DAMON : You and Damon had been best friends for years now, and sometimes you would allow yourself to think about what dating him would be like. You dreamed of it, but never talked about it, and just kept it as a secret of your own. When you on one day arrived to Damon and Stefan's place, you heard them talking in the living room. "Tell her. You know that if you don't you'll have to regret it anyway", Stefan's voice got your attention. "But what if Y/N doesn't feel the same way? This isn't a joke, Stefan, I'm in love with her", you heard Damon say, and it made your heart skip a beat. Oh. You swallowed loudly and walked into the living room. "I'm in love with you too, Damon", you said and made him turn around. He looked shocked, but eventually broke into a happy smile, just like you did.

KAI : You had spent the day outside with some friends, while Kai stayed at home. When you returned to your home in the evening, you heard him talking upstairs, and you were alarmed. Did he have someone here? Was he cheating on you? You covered your mouth, and made your way to the room where he was, but stayed behind the closed door and put your ear against it to hear what was going on. "C'mon, loser, you can do this. All you have to do is ask Y/N to marry you. That can't be so hard. She loves you and she's amazing. Just do it", you heard Kai's voice and you gasped and started to smile as you realized what he was talking about. Alone. He opened the door and bumped into you, and greeted you but then turned red when he realized you had heard him. Before he could turn any more awkward, you pulled him into a kiss.

STEFAN : You were going to meet Damon and Stefan at the Mystic Grill. You arrived to the place, and immediately went inside where you saw the two. You walked to Stefan and Damon, but they didn't notice you, instead they kept talking about something intensely. You. "Man, I love her. I love Y/N so much it's driving me insane. I want to marry her, Damon, I really do", Stefan said and made you smile. "Then do it, idiot!", Damon exclaimed and turned around to look around the place, and that was when they both saw you. Stefan looked awkward, and Damon smirked before patting his shoulder and leaving you two alone.