preference 5 » he feels insecure

ELIJAH: You and Elijah were meeting your older sibling, and he was very excited about the meeting, or so he claimed. You could see how nervous he was. You told him to relax, since your brother was actually a cool, though lazy guy. When they shook hands firmly, you smiled widely. But then your brother decided, now was the best time to be a jerk. "Wait, you're her boyfriend?", he chuckled and rolled his eyes before starting a new conversation.

In the evening you asked Elijah what was wrong, since he seemed little out of this world and was constantly in his thoughts and looked somewhat sad. "Did you not hear your sibling's words? He thinks our love is a joke. He doesn't want me around you, Y/N", Elijah said in disappointment, clearly insecure because of what your jackass brother had said. "Hey, it's just him, okay? Our love is not a joke, and you should never think that way. I love you, and you're perfect for me", you promised and kissed him deeply to show him how serious you were about it.

KOL: Kol had arranged a beautiful, delicious, amazing dinner for you two and you were so in love with him, now more than ever. The food he had cooked was absolutely wonderful, and in the evening you talked on the phone with your friend about it. "Yeah, it was silly! So insane... What have I done to deserve this?", you laughed, so proud of your boyfriend and smiled at the thought of him. While you were giggling and obsessing over him on the phone, you didn't notice how he was listening to you.

Later that night you tried to kiss him, but he moved his head away and avoided your lips that so badly wanted to feel his. You raised an eyebrow and asked what was going on. "I heard you on the phone Y/N. If you thought I was being stupid and don't want me to cook for you anymore, just say it. I thought you would like it...", Kol muttered and crossed his arms, obviously hurt. At first you were confused, but then you began laughing when you understood what he was talking about. "You understood my words wrong, Kol. I loved it, I was just telling how incredible it was. I love you", you explained and kissed him again, and this time he allowed you to do so.

JEREMY: "I'm going, bye!", Jeremy yelled and left the house. You sighed as you thought about how Jeremy kept on going to the gym. It was hot, okay, and at first you didn't mind, but it was getting out of hand. He put working out ahead of you and your relationship, and it seemed to make him insane. He was addicted, and he left day after day, sometimes even twice in one day, even though he was in a perfect shape already.

When he finally returned, exhausted and clearly satisfied with himself, you crossed your arms. "Jeremy, what's going on? Do you not love me anymore? Why do you keep on going to that gym? Are you seeing someone else?", you let questions burst out of your mouth. Jeremy looked at you and shook his head while taking a sip of his water bottle. "Tell me the truth!", you yelled in desperation. It seemed like he was cheating on you or something, or then he was just dangerously addicted to working out. "I don't feel like I'm handsome enough, okay? Not in a good shape...", he mumbled in shame and let his head fall down. You rushed to him and pulled him into a hug, and promised he was perfectly fine and you loved everything about him.

KLAUS: Klaus had been out with Elijah and Rebekah for the day, and when he returned he was definitely in a mood you didn't want to see him in. He was angry, slammed doors and eventually locked himself in your bedroom. You called Elijah, to ask what had happened but he didn't answer. You tried Rebekah too, but neither of them answered to you.

You walked to the bedroom and knocked on the door, weakly and begged for him to open the door. It opened and he let you in, and obviously you entered the room because even if he was being angry and scary, you knew he wouldn't hurt you. "What's wro—", you began but he cut you off. "Give me an honest opinion of me? Do you love me? Because it seems no one really does! I've being told how horrible I am and to me, it looks like I am only being hated, by everyone and I—", he started but it was your turn to stop the sentence. "Stop, right there. You're incredible, okay? I love you, and your siblings do too. Maybe you all just had a bad day", you assured and kissed him to show him you did in fact love him, very much.

DAMON: Damon and you had been hanging out with some friends at Mystic Grill, and at some point you noticed how his mood dropped down and he seemed upset about something. You weren't given time to ask him about it, so you waited until you got home. You offered him a drink, but he said he didn't want one. Ever again.

"Okay what's up? What made you upset?", you asked and slammed down the glass, making the drink spill all over the carpet. He eyed the floor, but then turned to look at you. "I was told that I drink too much and I'll lose you because of it", Damon admitted and looked into your eyes, with pain in his own ones. You laughed. "And you believed it? Look, you don't drink too much. You just... drink a lot. But I don't care, drink all you want, okay, because I love you and a thing like that could never separate us. Never, alright?", you reassured him, and if that wasn't enough, then the hug you gave him certainly was.

KAI: You had introduced Kai to your friends, and they all seemed to accept him as your boyfriend and laughed with him. At some points, they would throw sarcastic jokes at him, but you noticed when he got uncomfortable and hurt. You didn't understand, but then again, you didn't really even listen to the 'jokes' your friends were telling.

When you and Kai returned to home, he quietly went to your bedroom and left you confused. You followed him there, and raised your eyebrows when you saw him on the bed, face buried against a pillow and his body stiff and straight. "What's wrong?", you asked in concern and approached him. He startled you with his quick movements, when he quickly sat up and grabbed your wrist. "Your friends mocked me, Y/N. Didn't you hear their jokes? They keep telling me your previous boyfriends were much better than I am", Kai pouted, hurt and insecure about himself. You couldn't hold in a giggle and a smile, he was being adorable. "You're not, though, so don't listen to them", you promised him and kissed the top of his nose.

STEFAN: You and Stefan went out with friends, and with, well, Damon. He could sometimes be so annoying you didn't really know whether to call him a friend or not. Either way, your friends kept comparing Stefan and Damon, and Damon clearly enjoyed the attention he got, but not Stefan. You rubbed his back and tried to calm him down, while you listened to the differences your friends were listing.

"Ugh. Why can't I be like Damon?", Stefan complained when you got home, without Damon though. You laughed out loud, thinking he was joking but when he turned to look at you with hurt in his eyes, you stopped. "What? Are you serious? Those things that my friends listed, they maybe sounded like Damon is the better person here, but he isn't. You're far more precious Stefan, and don't for a second think you should be more like him. I can't stand another Damon around here", you explained and chuckled, making him laugh too. You were serious about it though, and made sure he knew it too.