imagine #31 : stefan

imagine slow dancing with stefan and he admits that he loves you

It was a boring Friday evening, when Caroline and Tyler invited you to a party at the Lockwood Mansion at last minute. They had completely forgotten about you, and that already made you feel like not going, but when the other option was being stuck at home with your parents and watching lame reality shows with them, you decided to put on a pretty dress and go. 

You weren't a much of a dancer or one to enjoy parties, because you were always going alone and it caused many awkward situations for you, but for once you arrived to the place with confidence and a nice feeling fluttering in your stomach as people danced, drank and a few commented the new-ish dress on you. 

You too loved it, but what made you the happiest, was receiving a positive comment from Stefan Salvatore. Stefan, oh, he had always managed to mess up your brain and thoughts and make your legs weak under that passionate stare. He always looked at you with so much love and fondness, you thought he actually cared about you but something always made you snap out of your dreamy thoughts. It was all your imagination, probably.

"Hey", you heard a loud greeting, and as you turned around to the direction of the voice, thick with attractiveness and hotness, you began smiling. Stefan looked handsome in his suit, and his hair was in it's usual way but somehow it looked more perfect than ever. On his lips was a warm smile and he had pushed his hands into his pockets, making him seem somewhat awkward but still, the way he looked at you and stood there in front of you felt so natural and usual. Maybe it was just what knowing a person for two years did to you. 

You greeted Stefan back, and smiled as widely as he did. He pulled his hands out of the pockets of his trousers and he cleared his throat before looking around and coming to the conclusion people weren't paying attention to the two of you, awkwardly standing there at Tyler and Caroline's party with unsure thoughts of what to do next. But realizing that no one actually gave a crap about you, gave Stefan the relieving feeling that allowed him to pull out his hand and offer it to you.

"Wanna dance?", he asked shortly, and tried to seem confident but a part of him never really could be so when he was around you. You made him weak, but you didn't know. You didn't know, how badly he wanted you to take that hand of his and you had no clue of how greatly he begged in his mind for you to give him a chance to hold you close.

"Sure", you replied and took his hand, making him quickly twirl you around and pull you closer to his body. 

And there you danced. Body, to body, just as a slow song started and you were forced into having a more intimate dance than grinding on each other would have been. This way, you had to either stare into each other's eyes or awkwardly avoid eye contact, and this way you had to concentrate on your steps and take the dance seriously. It was far more better than shaking your body to a random song would have been, though. You preferred it, and so did Stefan.

He twirled you around, and as the beat of the song dropped and the rather dramatic chorus started he succeeded on meeting you again - face to face, your body perfectly against his like a lock and a key, like two pieces, like you always knew you and him would be.

"You look beautiful", Stefan whispered to your ear, while you danced around the ground, pushing people away from your way as you did so. Before you even realized, you had taken over most of the space and people were staring at you as you danced wonderfully, your dress twirling around your body and his feet smoothly leading the way. It was perfect, and you really couldn't care less about the crowd around you. Somewhere in the corner of your eye, you could see Caroline, with a wide, approving smile on her pink lips. You chuckled, she was always supporting you and Stefan.

Only then Stefan's words reached your knowledge and you blushed as you took in them, and repeated them in your head several times. As his compliment echoed inside your head, you let out a weak thank you.

"Y/N, there is something I have to tell you", Stefan then began, causing your heart to jump to your throat. There were so many options. What if he would tell you that he wanted to be your friend, that he was happy with where your relationship stood right now? What if he would admit to you, that he had fallen for someone, who wasn't you? What if he would actually be in love with you?

Your heart started to race, and you begged for Stefan to continue, but before he did so, the song reached a high, dramatic point which required Stefan to push you away from him, but hold your hand which allowed him to pull you back and hold you close to himself again.

"I'm in love-", he said, and then twirled you around again. Your head was spinning, and not just from the actual spinning. You felt like throwing up. How was his sentence going to end?

"With-", Stefan added, growing the tension between you, and potentially teasing you. Or maybe he was just nervous.

"You", he finished, making your jaw drop in positive kind of shock. Your eyes widened, and your feet stumbled on his and you felt like fainting. You tried to collect yourself, but you just wanted to scream and kiss his face off. 

"I'm in love with you too", you said, before he dipped you down, ending the song perfectly.

Even though the song ended, you still held each other, and enjoyed the perfect moment. You had fallen for him, and he had fallen for him. And that was everything that mattered.