preference 12 » he cheats on you

// thank you for over 2,000 reads! this happened so quickly! this was requested as well, enjoy! don't forget to leave me more requests and hopefully feedback, i would love to get some (:

warning for cheating and sex

ELIJAH: You and Elijah were the most adored couple in town, and you were quite proud of the title you two held because of your relationship. It was free of lies, problems and worries and you both loved each other very, very much. Or so you thought. When you on one day arrived to home, you called out his name and expected to get an answer or a surprise hug from behind or something else cute, but the whole house seemed to be empty. You didn't think about it more, he was a busy man and probably had to leave somewhere. Though you did hear noise upstairs, so you raised an eyebrow and slowly started to walk towards the room you heard noises from. Before you went, you grabbed a knife, because after all your hometown was full of supernatural creatures and you could be in danger.

"Oh God", you whispered when you finally opened the door. What you saw was totally unexpected, but also completely heart-breaking and disgusting. Elijah was on top of someone else, grunting and thrusting, and didn't stop until he heard you drop the knife onto the floor. He turned to look at the doorway, where you stood but not for long. In tears you escaped the hallway, and he was on his feet in no time and tried to catch you. He grabbed your wrist and tried to apologize, but there was really nothing he could say to make you understand his actions. He had cheated on you, and that was it. You didn't want to hear his explanations. What he had done was unforgivable, and you didn't want to stay with him anymore.

KOL: Kol and you had a wonderful relationship. You fit together like two puzzle pieces and you always supported each other, and it felt like the love you had for each other could never end. But it did. Because on one lovely evening, he had invited you over and you accepted the request of course. You walked to his place, and happened to see how he was at the door, but in front of him was another girl. He kissed her cheek, and then closed the door. You were confused. You walked to the girl with unsteady steps, unsure of how to feel and asked who she was.

"Oh, you must be Rebekah! Kol has been talking about you so much! Though, I bet you aren't as annoying as he claims at all", she said with a smirk and then added that Kol was her boyfriend. Her boyfriend. You grimaced and thanked her for the information, before going to the door where you knocked and waited for Kol to open up. Right after he did so, you slapped him across the face and told him to never ever call you, text you or contact in any kind of way and to stay away from you. He had done something so horrible and there was no way you would ever let this kind of thing pass. You thought you were his one true love, but he had been dating this other girl, and God knows for how long.

JEREMY: You were at the Gilbert house, and staying for the night. Jeremy had invited you over there and you gladly accepted the invite, because after all he was your beloved boyfriend and you loved him with your entire heart. And he loved you too, so much, he swore he would do anything for you. When he went to make popcorn for you before you began watching a movie, you were left alone with his phone. The screen lit up, and you couldn't resist taking it. You thought it would be Elena, because she had went out with Bonnie and Caroline and told she would once in a while text you to check everything was alright.

"For you ;)", the text message said. It was definitely not Elena, you were sure about it. You looked to the kitchen and saw that Jeremy was still making the popcorn, so you opened the message and gasped when you saw the picture that was also there. It was a naked selfie from some other girl. Her name on the phone was something you didn't want to think about, but it was for sure something sweeter than your name on his phone. "Jeremy?", you whispered in tears and got up from the couch. You threw his phone to him, and he looked at you in confusion after catching it. "Make sure you delete my number. Enjoy the movie", you said and walked out of the house as soon as you had picked up all your stuff.

KLAUS: You and Klaus had always been faithful to each other, though you were very wanted while he was... not so much. You were beautiful, and it was no wonder guys wanted you badly but you never would cheat on Klaus. He was far too important to you. So when you found that he had done it to you, you were surprised but heartbroken. You thought your love was perfect.

"Um, what's this?", you asked and picked up a bra from the floor. You were disgusted and didn't know should you either look at it more and get convinced that it wasn't yours or burn it. Klaus laughed and stated the obvious, telling you it was a bra. You shook your head and threw it onto the floor. "It isn't mine", you said in disappointment and left the room. "No—listen to me, please, my love!",Klaus tried but you were already fleeing the house. He had done what you would never do — he had cheated on you. It was obvious, and you didn't need to hear his explanations. He had done something so horrible you could never forgive him.

DAMON: "Tell me the truth, Damon!", you yelled your lungs out. You had been following his actions for weeks now, and the more you watched him the more convinced you were. He was cheating on you. Even though he every day claimed he loved you. Right now, it didn't matter, those words — they didn't mean anything to you anymore. You had started an argument by accusing him of seeing someone else, and for the past twenty minutes he had been trying to tell you he hadn't done anything wrong.

"Okay! Okay, I've been cheating on you for a few weeks now", he admitted in shame, running his hand across his face as his voice quieted down. You stopped talking and moving and froze completely. You didn't think hearing him admit it would hurt so much, but it was like it was now official and that made a big hole into your heart. You wanted to cry, you wanted to yell but neither came out. "I thought we loved each other. I thought you loved me", you whispered weakly, and walked past him and out of the house. You would pick up your stuff later, but there was no way you would ever go back to Damon. He had cheated on you, and had been doing it for weeks and that was enough proof of him not loving you anymore.

KAI: What you and Kai had, it was something special. It was intense love, so meaningful and true, everyone adored it. But lately, your friends had been telling you how he would hurt you eventually and you were confused by it. When you asked about it, they told you that Kai had been cheating on you. You didn't want to believe it, it couldn't be true, right? But something inside you told you it was worth confirming. So later that night, after finding out about it, you confronted him and asked him about it.

"I—uh", he began, but you demanded him to cut the bullshit and tell you the truth. "Yes, I have cheated on you. Three times now. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I never meant this to go so far", he said quietly, but loud enough for you to hear. You nodded your head, and swallowed loudly as tears started to burst out of your eyes. You sobbed uncontrollably, and forced your legs to move and leave him alone. You told him you were over and that he should go to his new girl, instead of trying to convince you with words that weren't believable anymore. You two were finished, your relationship ended and you didn't even want to look at him anymore.

STEFAN: Stefan had been out of town for some time, and you were so excited to see him again. You loved him more than anything or anyone, and you thought he felt the same way. He had convinced you, that he did. But when he finally arrived to home, and ran to hug you, you didn't accept the hug because of his neck that was full of lovebites, intense hickeys, red marks. You raised an eyebrow, and demanded to get an explanation. Sure you left marks on him too, but the ones you left weren't rough enough to be seen after three weeks or so, not so visibly at least.

"I'm sorry", was all Stefan managed to say, causing your heart to shatter into a million tiny pieces. You covered your mouth with your palm, and left him alone at the door and escaped into your bathroom where you locked the door. You began thinking about a plan, you had to leave, but you didn't want to see him anymore. You called Damon, and told him what your now ex-boyfriend had done and that he had to do something to help you through this.