preference #48 : when he's sick...

ELIJAH : ... he'll refuse to kiss you, because he doesn't want you to get sick too. you usually take the risk, though. he also doesn't like how you take care of him, because he thinks he should always take care of you and not the other way around. but that doesn't stop you from doing so.

KOL : ... he spends most of the time sleeping, and you're glad because whenever he's awake and sick he's acts like a brat. he'll complain about everything and anything, and annoys the crap out of you. you still take care of him, though. 

JEREMY : ... he acts like it's no big deal, and takes care of himself. you hate how he tries to pull off that act, like he isn't really sick and you try to tell him that he should just relax and let you take care of him but he barely listens. eventually he'll get so exhausted that he has to give up.

KLAUS : ... you'll cook a lot of food for him. soup, tasty desserts and his favorite food. he loves you for doing so, and sometimes tells you it's not necessary but he doesn't fight back when you disagree. he thinks you're the best at taking care of someone sick. 

DAMON : ... he's complaining, and angry at the world for making him sick. he thinks it's unfair, and tries to make you sick too so you'll suffer with him. you think it's silly, but after you've realized that you often get sick after he has tried hard enough, you tell him to back off.

KAI :  ... he's in immense pain. it's not always even that bad, but every time he groans and tells you how he is slowly, painfully dying and how it was amazing to know you but he is coming to his end. you always tell him to stop saying those kind of things, but he's convinced he's going to die.

STEFAN : ... he's quiet and tries to stop you from worrying so much. he promises he'll be fine if he just can cuddle with you and watch a few good movies while drinking coffee or tea. still, you usually get too worried about him when he's sick, but you'll still do whatever he wants you to.