imagine #39 : kai

imagine kai's reaction when he sees you cry for the first time

You had just found out that your best friend had been in an accident and was now in a critical state where no doctors could confirm her getting well again. It broke you, it really did. You and your best friend had been close for years, and you would have done anything for her - taken a bullet even, but now you were very near to losing her forever. And if she would have to die, you wanted her to go in peace instead of being forced to become a vampire. Using witch powers on her wasn't an option to you either, because you knew that witchcraft required balance and she would have to suffer some side effects anyway.

You cried on the kitchen floor, against the counter there and hugged your knees while rocking back and forth. You didn't know what to do - you didn't want to lose her, but you also didn't want to be too selfish to ruin her life by doing something you would regret later, for example, turning her into a supernatural being. You were suffering, but you knew that she was too and you had to visit her in the hospital soon. 

"Y/N? Oh God, what is it?"

You looked up and through your blurry eyes and all the tears, you could picture out Kai, your boyfriend of six months now, standing there in front of you. He quickly ran to you and went to his knees, and wiped your eyes with his thumbs while gently holding your face in his soft warm hands. He looked broken, like he was going to cry too, but you begged for him to stay strong because you definitely couldn't. 

"Don't cry, please don't. Please", Kai said and pulled you into a hug and let you hold him as long as you had to. But you couldn't stop crying even though he wished so. Your eyes kept on filling with tears and you sobbed with no control, with a hiccup and made his shirt wet. There was no ending to it.

"This is the worst thing I have ever witnessed. Please, stop, you're breaking my heart Y/N!", Kai whined and kissed the top of your head and rubbed your back to calm you down, but the soothing circles he was drawing didn't help. You closed your eyes and felt how your mascara was turning into a mess and falling down to your cheeks. You just wanted to fall asleep and never wake up, right now.

"You don't have to tell me what's wrong. You don't have to baby girl. Okay? Just, please, don't cry. I don't know what to do, I feel so helpless! I want you to be happy, alright, and it breaks my heart to see how I am failing in my mission to never let you cry. I'm going to cry too", Kai stuttered and pushed you away to see your face clearly. He bit his lower lip and wiped his eyes and the nonexistent tears there before hugging you again.

You tried to stop, but you couldn't, so you just sat there in his arms and cried until you fell asleep.

You were so lucky to have Kai.