imagine #41 : elijah

imagine being seriously ill and elijah shows up to your house and tells you how he needs you

A serious, deadly disease was discovered in your body. You knew your time would be over soon, that in no time you wouldn't be walking on this Earth anymore, and that you'd be face to face with death. It hurt you, but what hurt you more was knowing that you'd lose so many people and so many people would lose you. Your family, your best friends, the people you didn't know you cared about until now. Damon Salvatore, for example. An ass, but a lovable one. 

And then there was Elijah Mikaelson. 

A big question mark in your life. Always unsure of how to be with you, and ending up escaping his real feelings that you knew were somewhere in him. And a few days ago, you had snapped at him, told him that you didn't want him to play with you anymore, and that you wanted him to leave you alone and preferably leave Mystic Falls, too. And he did. He left you, like you wanted him to. But now, you had realized that it was definitely not what you wanted. But even if he would have been here, you didn't have much time to enjoy life with him. 

"Is there anything I can get, do, say, anyone I can call?"

You looked over to Stefan who had been taking care of you for today. He, Damon, Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and Jeremy had set up a schedule on who would be watching you on which day and taking care of you. You thought it was too much, but Mystic Falls had finally found peace of some kind and there was nothing else to worry about, than you, and according to their words, nothing as important at least.

You smiled weakly, and told Stefan that a glass of water would do good. So Stefan left your room, and went to get some.

You were at home, thank God. The doctors had decided that you got to spend your last days in your favorite place in the whole world and you were glad, because you hated hospitals, and here, the mood was lighter, somewhat comfier, if that was a proper way to describe a sick person's home where all she does is stay in bed and go to the toilet when necessary. Everything else was taken care of by your friends. They cooked, they helped you in the shower, they did the dishes, washed the laundry, cleaned up the house. You were lucky to have them.

"Y/N? Y/N!", was yelled from downstairs and your body shivered. It was definitely not Stefan. The voice was much deeper, sexier, and it made you much more emotional and more of a mess than Stefan and his voice ever could. 

You heard loud noises from the stairs, and bangs as someone hit walls and doors on their way to your room. Finally, you saw a dark figure at the door of your dim room and the closer it got, the better you recognized. It was none other than Elijah. He had returned.

"Y/N, wha- what is going on? Ms. Forbes filled Niklaus in on the latest happenings of this town and the minute the information about your state reached his ears, he let me know and you must understand that in a moment like this I cannot stay away from you no matter how deeply you wish for it", Elijah explained and went to his knees next to your bed and took your delicate, pale hand carefully into his own, large and warm ones. You started to cry silently, you loved him but you were also dying. Stupid. The world sucks.

"I don't wish for it, Elijah. I want you to be here. I want you to stay with me, and be with me. I want to go with you by my side", you whispered weakly, and smiled pathetically as Elijah's thumb swept below your eyes, wiping away the salty tears flooding out of your eyes that had lost the familiar spark of hope and happiness in them. The light in them.

Elijah kissed the top of your hand and closed his eyes, as tears rolled out of them. He let his head fall down, and you could hear him sniffling. "I should have never let you, Y/N", he quietly said and you chuckled. 

"My bad", you whispered and made him chuckle as well.

There was a moment of silence, but you broke it. "I'm dying, 'Lijah", you sobbed and he shook his head. Elijah somehow managed to position himself closer to you, and succeeded on getting you up enough for him to hold you in a hug. He sat down on your bed, and took you to his arms and held you as you both cried.

"Please don't. I need you", Elijah said, his voice so hoarse and weak it didn't even sound like him. You wiped your eyes, but it didn't help at all. You wanted to tell him that everything would be okay soon, and you wanted him to tell you the same thing but you knew that it wouldn't be. It would never be okay, for neither of you.

You wanted to tell him you loved him, but before you could, you fell asleep. Only fell asleep, though. Luckily, you still lived for a while, and luckily, things were better than ever between you and Elijah despite the fact you were going to be gone soon.

But you'd meet in the afterlife, right?

/// i'm crying bye i hate myself for writing tHIS