preference 23 » you face your biggest fear

warning: fear of elevators, drowning, airplanes, spiders, dentists, needles and clowns

ELIJAH: You and Elijah were going to meet an old friend, who happened to live in the highest floor of an apartment house. You were afraid of elevators, and small, tight places so going there by one wasn't very tempting, but the stairs were closed, so you had to. Elijah held your hand when you entered the elevator, and tried to calm you down by telling you how it would only be a moment. But then, the elevator got stuck when you were halfway there. "Well, this is ironic", Elijah commented but you started to freak out. You began crying and walking around the elevator in panic, but he tried his very best to calm you down, asking if it would be okay to touch you, talking you through it and taking your attention away from the reality. "I'm never using an elevator again", you sighed when you got out, making Elijah chuckle but still, he understood.

KOL: "No way", you let out with a chuckle. Kol knew you were scared of water more than anything, but now he was asking you to come to the nearby beach with him. Somehow he managed to convince you to go. He promised to hold you through the experience, but in the water he got so excited he let you go and had fun by himself. You didn't even know how to properly swim, so you immediately started to go underneath the water, and pathetically tried to keep yourself above it. You knew you were going to drown, and tried to yell Kol's name but he didn't hear. You managed to let out one loud yell before you went under the water, and he quickly came to rescue you from drowning. On the beach, he was in panic and made sure you were fine. "I'm never doing that again, I hate you", you mumbled, though you both knew you didn't mean it — not forever, anyway.

JEREMY: There was nothing you were more afraid of than traveling by airplane. So when you and Jeremy had to use one, you kept your eyes closed and squeezed his hand so hard it ended up aching. At one point, you heard alarming noises and you thought the plane was going to crash to the ground. You trembled and grabbed Jeremy, and began crying and told him you hated this and knew it was a bad idea. The alarming sounds turned out to come from someone's phone, but it scared you enough to know you would never ever again let anyone convince you to get on an airplane. "You're lucky I love you because there's no way in hell you would have gotten me here otherwise", you muttered.

KLAUS: "Oh my God", you whispered and looked at the enormous, ugly spider on the table. It was slowly approaching you, and you wanted to scream, but you completely froze. You hated spiders, they were your biggest fear, though you hadn't dealt with them in ages. Now, you were face to face with one. "Nik? Nik!", you yelled and tried to jump over the couch you were on, but you stopped when the spider started to move faster. You were afraid it would jump on you. Much to your delight, Klaus eventually came to the living room and smashed the spider to it's death and then threw what was left of it outside. "My hero", you whispered and made him laugh before he pulled you into a comforting kiss.

DAMON: You hated going to the dentist so much. The rooms were creepy, and scary, and you had seen too many movies to let anyone check out your teeth and mouth. "You can do this", Damon encouraged and grabbed your hand, bringing you back to reality. You were actually sitting outside a dentist's room, waiting for him to call you there. Soon you had to enter the room and he didn't hesitate to get to work and chrck your teeth. It was weird, but soon over. Outside the room, Damon waited for your return and whenever you came back, you ran for a hug and he gladly gave you one. "Was it bad?", he asked and raised an eyebrow. You nodded your head and sighed. "I hate dentists", you just grunted before leaving the place behind.

KAI: "Fuck", you muttered and looked away as your doctor prepared a needle for your arm. Just a basic injection to protect you from illness. But you hated needles, so freaking much, you wanted to scream. But you couldn't, so instead you grabbed Kai's hand and squeezed it while looking into his eyes as the doctor pushed the needle into your arm. You whimpered and twitched, but then controlled yourself by squeezing Kai's hand and biting your lip. After the injection, Kai took you home. "You were brave. I love you", he praised with a smile and kissed your cheek. You just rolled your eyes, but then smiled. Your arm ached, though.

STEFAN: Clowns, were your biggest fear. Ever. They were the worst, they were so horrible you couldn't even describe the fear and hatred you felt towards them. Stefan wanted to help you get over it, so he took you to a circus where you sat in the front row. At one point, there was a clown that started to approach you and tried to talk to you. You shrieked, and escaped the tent. "Are you alright?", you heard Stefan ask. You shook your head and begged for him to take you home and never try this again, because it didn't work, it just made you even more horrified.