imagine #14 : stefan

/// i wanted to write some fluffy stefan so

imagine stefan making sure you're alright after a rough day

It had been one hell of a day. It started off as a basic one, where you were actually able to smile and enjoy your time, but after spending time with the Salvatores and your favorite girlfriends, Bonnie, Elena and Caroline, at the Grill, the day turned awful. No one noticed, of course, no one ever noticed if you were feeling down. Mostly because you were a master at hiding your true emotional state, but also because your friends were too busy laughing at something that made you feel like going home. 

They had been making fun of your body, laughing at it and making cruel jokes. Even Elena, who had promised that she would never dare to hurt your feelings, told the others about your body that she had seen bare before, and mentioned how it was not a pretty sight. It was supposed to be fun, something you could have laughed at too, but it wasn't. You were hurt, but no one paid attention to it, they just continued to mock you.

You took a deep breath as you stopped the water from running and stepped out of the shower. You wrapped a warm, white towel around your body that had been the main subject today, and walked out of the bathroom. You looked at your feet while you walked to your bed, but before you could entirely approach it, you looked up and saw Stefan sitting there.

You gasped and took a step back, startled because of the unexpected appearance. But as soon as you realized that it was indeed him, your face turned into a grimace and you crossed your arms. You did not want to see him, or Damon, or any of your friends. They had been rude to you, and you just wanted to be alone.

"What are you doing here?", you asked, your voice snappy and rude. But he deserved it. He would have deserved so much more, really.

You swallowed as you saw how Stefan's eyes looked at your damp hair that made your shoulders wet, and you looked away when you noticed how his eyes started to lower and review your body. 

"If you're here to make more fun of my body, then go ahead. Give me your best, most hurtful, rude, inappropriate comments you possibly can. I was pretty sure you had made fun of me enough, but clearly, I was wrong", you continued and made your way to your drawer, where you started to look for a pair of panties and clothes to wear to bed. 

Stefan chuckled, and you turned to look at him while he pulled his hands out of the pockets of his jacket and shook his head. "I'm not", he lightly said and lowered his head while he chuckled again. Soon, he raised it back up and shot you a look that looked somewhat apologetic, but there was that sparkle of fond amusement.

"Oh", you let out, aiming to sound surprised, but it came out as a flat, dull expression of your utterly nonchalant feeling. Stefan got up, and approached you, causing you to close your drawer quickly. You didn't exactly want him to see what kind of underwear you owned. 

"I am here simply to make you're okay. Because, that, that what happened at the Grill... It was everything but okay. You shouldn't be laughed at like that. You shouldn't feel bad because of the way you look. You aren't what they claimed you to be, Y/N, you're beautiful, alright?", Stefan declared, completely shocking you. You swallowed loudly and allowed your mind to wander off to the day you were about to end, and realized that Stefan never mocked you. He never even chuckled at the comments the rest made, he never even dared to let his lips curve upwards. You just hadn't noticed.

"T-thank you, Stefan, I... I really appreciate that", you said in gratitude while nodding your head. You looked down, only to get your chin pulled up by Stefan's long fingers. He gave you a look that made you understand he was being truthful, sincere, and that he meant every word he said.

"I mean it", he said, before softly landing a gentle kiss on your forehead. You smiled and chuckled quietly, and turned to look at him but he was already gone.

At least you went to bed with a smile on your face.