Chapter 50

Dalton Sage's POV

Tahimik kong pinagmasdan ang kapatid ko na natutulog. She can't walk, she can't speak, she can't talk. At dahil iyon sa matagal niyang pagkakakulong sa crystal na bato sa mahabang panahon.

Lumabas ako at nagtungo sa sala saka pabagsak na umupo. Tinanggal ko ang damit ko at basta na lang itinapon sa kung saan.

I lit one cig and leaned my head on the sofa.

What now?

I stared on the smoke for a couple of seconds and then image of Sabrina appeared in my head. Marahas kong ibinuga ang usok na galing sa aking baga.

I wonder what she's doing right now.

I still can't accept it. The woman I love is the daughter of the man who killed my family. I want to hate her, detest her for lying to me. Sobrang sakit ng ginawa niyang pagsisinungaling sa akin. Pero kahit ganun ay mahal ko pa rin siya. It's just too painful to see her right now.

I can accept it if only she told me about it earlier.

I can forgive her but not her father.

Now that I've got my sister, I don't have business here anymore. I'm going to execute the plan B as early as possible. I want to end this and live my life in peace.

My thoughts was cut when my phone started vibrating. Vanessa is calling. Isa pa ang isang ito. Patuloy lang ito sa pagtawag kaya sinagot ko na.

"What is it?"

"Where are you? Look outside! The time stop–"

Nawala ang boses niya sa linya. Tinitigan ko muna ang cellphone bago pinatay ang tawag. Mabilis kong inubos ang sigarilyo at nagtungo sa banyo. I feel hot all of a sudden. I need to take a cold shower.

Hindi pa ako tapos maligo nang makarinig ako ng sunod-sunod na kalabog ng pinto. Galing iyon sa sala. I slammed my fist on the tiled wall when the banging never stop.

I grabbed the towel and put it around my waist and walk to the main door. I didn't bother to dry my naked body. The banging gets louder and harder and it's getting on my nerves already.

Marahas kong binuksan ang pintuan. My irritation doubled when I saw Vanessa's face.

"What do you want?" I asked, pissed.

"Si S-Sabrina.." aniya sa nanginginig na boses.

"What about her?"

I studied her. Maputla ang mukha niya at nanginginig ang mga labi. Ang mga kamay niya ay hindi mapakali.

"What's wrong? What about Sabrina?" ulit ko sa matigas na boses.

"They.. They took her! Oh my god. I'm sorry Sage I couldn't do anything!" she cried hysterically.

My heart stopped beating for a second. My blood runs frantically creating a havoc on my system.

Nagpalakad-lakad si Vanessa sa harapan ko at hindi mapakali. Hinablot ko ang braso niya at tumitig sa kanyang mga mata.

"Anong ibig mong sabihin? Where is she?!"

"I don't know! Pero nakita kong buhat buhat siya ng isa sa mga Reapers kanina! And look at the surroundings! The time stopped! You know the meaning of this right?!"

Marahas ko siyang binitiwan.

"W-Why?"

"The mark was transferred to her."

"Fuck!" Mura ko at malakas na sinuntok ang pintuan. My breathing was uneven.

I can't..

"I know that you're already out of this. I j-just want you to know," wika ni Vanessa.