Chapter 41: Lillian comes back

(Jennifer's mother pov)

Mono's father and mother are very friendly. They seemed to get along just fine and it seems nothing really wrong came between them.

Well until it comes to Lillian and Mono. I can hear them fight about his future. I think it's very unfair that they can decide his life and he can't.

And it's his father that wanted this all. Why would he do that when he has gone through the same thing as a child with his parents.

I am only his childhood friend, I am not his love right now. Mono and Jennifer have been getting along but I can tell when he lays hands on her and I don't understand why,

She has also been getting nightmares lately that mean something but I think she is just going crazy.

Lillian was coming over today and her parents are sort of nice. I mean they yell but I don't know what they did wrong.

I am pretty sure they went to jail last time they came so it might be Lillian and her grandparents that will come with her instead.

Jennifer walked downstairs with Mono right next to her and seems like they were talking about something.

It was strange but teenagers are teenagers we are what we are. Jennifer ran towards me and hugged me and I hugged her back. It was a long hug and she stepped back.

''Why was it a long hug? not saying it was a bad thing just wondering'' I asked Jennifer when she laughed.

''I just felt like it, my arms can't control themselves sometimes'' Jennifer answered and I nodded.

Mono then stood there not really knowing what to say between the both of us and he just stayed silent.

Mono's parents were just talking about some things and Mono took his paper bag off and fixed his hair.

His face looks so different since he always wears that damn thing. He had some black eyes with some interesting brown hair.

He knew I was starting and placed his bag back on. Jennifer started to chase him trying to take it off. 

They act so much like little kids. But yet they act like they are not step-siblings. They act as if they are really related.

Which is funny to think of the more I look into it.  I don't really mind it though as long as they are happy with each other. 

Mono's father then called me over and I walked towards him. Mono's mother sat there at the kitchen chair.

''We were just wondering...What do you think is better? Mono being gay or straight or Bisexual'' Mono's dad asks and I then tried to stay calm for a little.

''Why won't you let your own son decide!? and how do Gay and Bisexual have to do with any of this?!" I yelled back and Mono and Jennifer looked over at us.

''It's because he been hanging out with a boy lately and I still think he should be with Lillian so like I am not sure anymore, yes I want him to decide his life but this is something he can't get out of'' Christian yelled.

''Even if he is not my son I still want someone to make their own choice without someone forcing them, and plus if my own daughter still did not like Mono as a stepbrother, I swear I would have been out of here a LONG time ago'' I shouted and Christian stayed silent.

''Alright, Alright I understand you upset, but you are lucky I still let you stay here, I understand what your going through and I still want to help, and yet I don't want you to be put up with me and Mono fighting all the time and now She is involved with this'' He said to calm me down.

I nodded and Mono's mother still sat there listening to everything.

''You guys can get along so fast but it's still not FAIR'' Mono joined and then ran to his room.

Jennifer tried to run after him but did nothing. Probably not wanting him to get more mad or upset as he already is.

We heard a knock on the door and I walked over to go answer it. There were two people, Lillian, and another woman.

''Hello, Lillian, Welcome back, and who might you be?"I asked.

''I am Lillian's aunt, I am just here to drop her off and I will be on my way'' She replied.

''We would love to have you here for a little if you don't really mind'' Mono's mother said to her.

''Yeah I won; 't mind at all, I still have a few hours until I have to pick up my sister'' She said and Lillian already stepped in.

Jennifer looked over at her and ran to Lillian and grabbed her by the hand and then they ran upstairs.

I am not really a snoopy person but I won't really mind if I take a little peek.

Just this once and if they find out, then I may be dead by then. I followed them upstairs only to find them going to Mono's room with the door open just a little. I walked and stayed by the wall.

Because if I fall then ima fall into the door and open it and fall the rest of the way in.

''You alright there Mono?'' Lillian questioned.

''My father is just being a fuck ass bitch and still won't let me make my own choices'' Mono answered with honesty.

''Even if he is deciding your choices and life, you just have to speak up about it, or you will be a puppet to him forever'' Lillian said and Jennifer agreed.

''No, that's not what I mean I know he would not do that, he is all angst that, the point is I am just upset at him like you would be to your parents''

I can tell Jennifer was confused now but understood like she should be doing.

I don't know who's side I should be on now.