Chapter 14: That dinner night

(Mono's pov)

I walked home and made it. Unlocking the door I went in and closed the door. I locked it. My dad can out of nowhere and went to me. I hugged him. My dad hugged me back.

He said he thought I was dead. He should know I can take care of myself and I will be fine. After some bit of time later. I broke the hug and my father said something I will never forget.

"Glad to see you... Well sorry to bring this up but you gonna meet the girl your gonna marry" My dad said.

"WHAT?! THERE IS NO WAY IM GONNA GO WITH HER" I yelled.

"Now no need for shouting and you had not even met her...you might like her," My dad said back.

"REALLY HOW WOULD YOU KNOW UGH YOUR SO UNFAIR"

"MONO WATCH YOUR MOUTH...Look I don't wanna shout but...She is coming today  for dinner with her parents and where is Jennifer?" He said to me.

Right after he said that Jennifer came into the room we were in. Jennifer was already dressed up for the dinner and he smiled at her. She looked at me.

I can tell she feels bad for me. Ugh, why does she get to live the life she wants. My father told me to go to my room and get dressed. I listened and went to my room.

I closed the door and got dressed. I looked in the mirror and turned around. Walking over to my dresser and started to brush my hair. Jennifer walked in the room.

She kinda scared me.

"Dad wanted me to tell you that they are here," Jennifer said to me.

I nod and she smiled and left the room. I sighed. Looking down then up I walked to the door and opened it. Closing the door behind me, I walked past the hallway and then made it to the stairs.

Knowing everyone else was down there. I walked down. I turned around and saw my dad and stepmom were talking to two other people.

Jennifer was sitting on a chair and eating sushi. Turned to the other way. I saw a girl. She looked around looks like th same age as me. The girl walked over to me.

We were both face to face. She gave out her hand to shake it. I refused and she sighed. Then she took her hand back. I kinda felt bad but at the same time I did not care.

Just then she finally spoke.

"Hi...my name is Lillian and it's very nice to meet you...I know we are gonna have to get married and hey I don't want this either...But I wanna be friends" Lillian said.

"Um..it's very nice to meet you too Lillian...I'm Mono and I also don't wanna get married" I said back to her.

"Life is unfair is it well who cares," She said and then laughed.

She seemed very nice and calming. To be honest she was not so bad as I thought she was gonna be. I don't like her or anything but she is kinda beautiful.

Just then she grabbed my hand and she took me outside. I was confused and she was fast. I almost tripped but she stopped and let go of my hand.

Looking at her face she seemed awkward. I was still confused. She took me to the road and then we looked up at the sky.

It was dark but it was beautiful.

(They are on the road but just looking over at the ocean and the sky so I guess it's kinda called a bridge road)

We went back to my house and then sat at the table. My dad served us food. Her parents were also sitting at the table. They looked friendly yet proper.

My dad sat on the chair and we started to eat. Lillian knew her manners, unlike some people. I kinda sound toxic but it's the truth.

Everyone was going well so far until her mother spoke breaking the silence.

(Lillian's pov)

''So...Mono what do you do around here...'' My mother said to Mono.

Mono seemed a little awkward all of a sudden.

''Mom please don't ask personal questions'' I said to her.

''SHUT UP LILLIAN KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT WOULD YOU'' My mother yelled at me.

I stayed silent my mother always does this. She never even gives me free time if I'm honest. Mono sighed at spoke up.

''I...um I do what people normally do?'' Mono answered unsurely.

''Sounds pretty boring if you ask me'' My mother said back.

''MOM! Sorry about that Mono'' I said and Mono nod.

We all finished eating and washed our plates and put them away. My mom grabbed my wrist hardly and took me to another room.

I tried to let go but she would not even try it with me. She opened a door and we walked in. Closing the door behind. She threw me to the wall.

My back hurts but I slowly got up. My mother looked up at me and my father came into the room. I hate them both so much.

But I can't tell anyone about it. I don't because I'm scared. Im scared I might be lonely...Again. Looking up at them. I can tell tears were rolling down my face.

My father then sighed and said something.

''Look you can't just act like a naughty little girl...I can tell this is your first time but you have to listen...Are you even doing what we told you or you are but just playing the nice role?'' My father said to me and I had it.

''WELL, I DON'T WANNA DO WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO, LET ME LIVE MY LIFE AND HOW I WANT IT TO BE...YOU JUST WANT ME TO USE HIM JUST FOR THE MONEY FOR YOUR OWN SELFISH REASONS'' I yelled at them.

My mom and dad looked pissed. That is what they want. The money. It's very stupid if you just gonna use someone like that and then leave them.

That is not what I wanna do. I wanna be nice to this boy yet he is the only person I talked to who seemed to understand me.

My dad opened the door and let our dog in. The dog we have does not like me either. My mother closed the door then snapped her fingers.

That's a sign for the dog to do something to me. Our dog ran to me and jumped on top of me. I fell down.

He bit my neck leading me to bleed and scream.

I threw the dog off me right after and ran out of the room. Mono looked at me then chased after me.

Running to the front door I opened it and then ran out. I ran to the road that was over some bridge.

My mom caught up. She must have also run after me. I looked over. Mono was not here. He must be a slow runner I guess.

I breathed heavily as my mother walked closer to me. Then it all happened.

She pushed me off the bridge...