Chapter 35: Can't we work this out?

(Nine's pov)

I was laying on my bed and thinking of the past, everyone was happy and all and everyone had nothing to worry about for all I know. Then here comes some school bullies ruining every life at school.

Everyone then changed and life was not so easy after that. Even me and my girlfriend Jennifer broke up.

Sometimes wonder how she feels without me probably nothing since the way she met me after a while, she looked like she did not wanna see me again.

And sometimes she blames Mono for being friends with me. Lillian which was Mono's girlfriend I guess? knows about this and told me to just give up on her and just leave her alone for now but how am I gonna leave her alone when I am friends with her stepbrother.

She should know it will be hard, so she is gonna have to just deal with it. Mono then called me on my phone and I picked up.

''Hey Nine, I was wondering if you wanted to come over for a little, you don't have to if you don't want to I am just bored and Jennifer and my parents are just talking about my future and it's so stupid and boring'' Mono asked and I laughed a little.

''Knowing it must be boring, and they can't just decide your future like that, it's your life after all, and yeah I will come over I have nothing else better to do anyway'' I answered.

''Okay then, see you there. Bye,'' Mono said.

''Bye,'' I said goodbye.

Mono then hung up and I put my phone in my pocket. Guess I better head out I then opened my door and closed it, 

and then walked downstairs and grabbed the front door keys, and walked to the door.

Opening the front door I closed it and walked out and looked around. Seems like there might be a storm soon, maybe not today but another time.

The weather was very nice also. Not much can go wrong besides looking Jennifer in the eye. Why will she not give me a chance to speak up, I am kinda agreeing with some people that she is a bitch.

The school year is ending soon and Mono and I and some others will be leaving this school soon since this was our last year of high school finally. Well, good luck for Mono since he will marry Lillian.

His parents suck for all that matter, well besides his mom, I wonder if she is on his father's side or Jennifer's side of the marriage. She can just be confused when I walked I saw Mono's house since he did text me the address.

I walked up to his house and damn his house was very nice. A lot of people say that but they are not lying.

I knocked on his door and took a step back, Mono then answered and then he ran and hugged me. I thought he said Six hugs tightly, I can't breathe.

Mono took a step back and then he walked me inside and I looked around. It's beautiful here and very clean, we don't talk about my room though.

His parents were talking while Jennifer and Jennifer's mother were talking. I then stayed silent when I saw her. Mono then held my hand and we ran upstairs to his room and I fell down since he ran too fast.

We just laughed it off and then he opened his room door and it smelled interesting.

''Seems like you still smoke, smells like smoke no kidding'' I said and Mono nodded.

''Six and I still do it, and I can agree with you on that one I need to spray it, thank god no one else came in here'' Mono answered and I laughed.

We walked over and sat on his bed which was very nice and comfy. His room is pretty clean and the curtains were open and so was his window. It kinda kept the smoke kinda smell away from the room and out there.

I don't think that's a good thing meaning the people from out there can smell it. At least I am not one of them.

Jennifer then walked into the room and she was about to say something until she saw me.

She then looked like she was ready to attack me and I kept my cool and Mono then stood up from the bed.

''Mono! what is he doing here?! you know how I feel about this right!'' Jennifer shouted and I sighed.

''Look Jennifer, I can be friends with whoever I want. You are not my brain and just because he is your ex-boyfriend does not mean you have to hate him forever you can be friends instead'' Mono said and Jennifer looked mad.

''JUST BECAUSE OF THAT, AND IT'S KINDA RUDE YOU KNOW! I NEVER DID THAT TO YOU, YOU FUCKING BITCH'' Jennifer yelled and Mono walked over to her.

He then slapped her across the face and Jennifer stood there stunned. She then had tears forming in her eyes that were now falling.

She ran out of the room and downstairs.

We both then heard the sounds of footsteps of people coming upstairs.

''I will talk to Jennifer and get out of here, I think It's my fault'' I said and Mono turned to me.

''Okay and don't worry she is just like that'' Mono replied.

I ran to the open window and then jumped to another window and then jumped to the bush.

I am pretty sure that it's his parents that walked in. I then stood up and ran. I then looked over and saw Jennifer that was slowly standing up.

She probably tripped. She stood up and looked behind her which she was now looking at me.

She ran away and I chased after her. She was very fast and then I caught up to her and grabbed her wrist.

Jennifer then turned around and then manage to escape my grip and took a step back.

''Jennifer...Can we work this out, please? I am sorry for what happened in the past'' I said and Jennifer shook her head.

''Nine, I don't think it will ever work up out between us both'' Jennifer said and I looked down and then nodded.

''Can't we just be friends then? if we can't work out as lovers then how about friends'' I let out my hand for her to shake it and she looked at me.

It was a while until she gave me an answer by shaking my hand and then we broke the shake. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

Honestly. I think friends are better than lovers, at least in my opinion, I don't know what others think.