Part 45: The end of the week

Start from the beginning

"No, I haven't. I haven't seen him in days, come to think of it," James frowned.

"Right," Honey said, her suspicions raising.

"Hello!" Peter called, walking into the common room.

Honey stood up, walking over to Peter. She raised her hand and slapped him across the cheek.

"PETER PETTIGREW! YOU THINK YOU CAN DISAPPEAR FOR DAYS, TURN UP, AND SAY 'HELLO'?! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I FUCKING AM!?" Honey shouted, smacking him again.

"I'm sorry!" Peter covered his head with his arms.

"WHERE IN MERLIN'S NAME HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU GO MISSING WITH NOT SO MUCH AS A NOTE, YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ANYTHING! AND THEN YOU TURN UP? FUCK, PETER, DO YOU THINK THAT I'M GOING TO LET YOU OFF SO EASILY?" She boomed.

"Sorry," Peter squeaked.

"Honey, calm down," James said.

"I can't calm down, James! How was I supposed to know if he was alive or not?" Honey turned on James.

"What's going on? Oh, hey, Peter," Sirius said, walking up to the group.

"Honey's going bat-shit crazy because Peter didn't tell her where he was going. She's acting like his mother again," James said, watching as Sirius and Honey held hands.

"Where did you go, Peter?" Sirius asked, squinting at him.

"I still slept in the dorms and went to classes. I've just been spending time with my other friends," Peter said.

"I didn't fucking know if you were alive, Peter!" Honey cried. "There's a difference between avoiding me and hiding from me! The absolute least you could have done was leave me a note!"

"I've said it before, but I'll say it again; I'm really sorry, Honey. I apologize. I know it was dumb, but I'm here now, okay?" Peter said.

"Agh!" Honey cried, marching away.

She walked through the portrait hole, running away. She didn't know where she was going, she was just running. She tripped on the last stair but stumbled to her feet just in time. In front of her, she saw a small group of Slytherin's. Regulus's pale, gaunt face stuck above the rest.

"Honey, are you alright?" Regulus asked, stepping forward.

"I'm fine, thanks," Honey said breathily with a smile.

"I'll see you guys later," Regulus said, waving off his friends.

They watched the group go, hitting each other playfully as they went. When they got to the door, Honey turned her attention to the boy next to her. 

"What's going on? Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Peter came back. We haven't seen him in days, and then he just shows up like it's nothing!" Honey said, sitting on the bench next to her.

"Haven't you been looking for him for almost a week?"Regulus asked.

"Yeah," Honey agreed. "And the first thing he can think to say is 'hello'. Like, what the actual fuck?"

"Merlin," Regulus said.

"Yeah," Honey nodded.

"Is there anything else going on?" The boy asked, looking at his brother's girlfriend.

"The bet with James is finally off! We won, needless to say," Honey grinned.

"That's great! I'm glad the nauseating flirting is off," He said.