𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲 - 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃𝐘

| 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚, 𝐆𝐀 |
➱ 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

| 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚, 𝐆𝐀 | ➱ 𝙷𝙾𝙼𝙴

𝟺:𝟷𝟿𝙿𝙼

A loud knock sounded at my front door, I set my balled up paper towel I used to wipe my hands in the garbage, then headed to the door.

I unlocked and opened it to see Azur standing there with his belongings in his hands, "Come in," he came inside as I locked up behind him.

"What happened?" I asked him, as we sat on the couch together. "My moms kicked me out, on some weird shit. Caught a train here, and then from the station to here an Uber,"

"Why didn't you call me? I would of came and got you," I asked him. "I was heated, didn't want to take it out on you," I nodded my head.

"My dad here?" I shook my head no, "At the bar with your Uncle Durk, getting work done,"

"You mind if I stay here until I get something together?" I nodded my head yes, "Stay as long as you want, we'll talk later,"

"Preciate it," he hugged me before grabbing his stuff and headed upstairs.

I went back into the kitchen to finish making dinner early, so I could get back to work.

𝟻:𝟷𝟶𝙿𝙼

As I put the biscuits in the oven, I hear the door unlocking then it opened as voices filled the room.

I covered the already cooked food and then went into the fridge for something to drink.

I then felt hands snake around my waist, "Wassup baby," Booka said from behind me, I turned around to hug him followed by a kiss.

"Hey," I responded, "So we gotta talk?" He looked a lil scared, "Azur is here because Keima, kicked him out," I told him. He sucked his teeth.

"You serious?" I nodded my head yes, he then left the kitchen and headed to the living room. "AZUR!!" He yelled from the bottom of the stairs, heavy footsteps sounded upstairs then came down.

"Wassup pops," they greeted each other with a dap, "what's going on?"

"Mom kicked me out, because her boyfriend is back. Said I had to pack my shit and go because he doesn't like kids," Azur explained to him.

"How'd you get here?"

"A train and Uber," he responded, "Aight, I'll figure something out. You good?"

"Yea I'm good," he said before heading back upstairs.

I went to go check on the biscuits, they were done so I took them out and put butter on them. "Dinners done," I told the boys before heading upstairs to shower.

𝟾:𝟻𝟿𝙿𝙼

I typed away on my laptop as Honesty slept beside me, Booka then entered the room he carefully got into the bed and grabbed Honesty then layed her on his chest.

She cuddled up on him, "I spoke with Keima," he started the conversation. "How'd it go?" I took my attention off my laptop.

"I spazzed on her," I sighed, "He's still in school, finna graduate in a few weeks. And she's finna kick him out for her weak ass boyfriend."

"Didn't you say you wanted him to stay with us? Since he stayed with us last time," he nodded his head yes, "He's better over here then with her. I was with him damnear every day, while she worked or doing whatever else. So imma see what I can do,"

"Okay,"

Honesty slept in our room tonight, I finished my work and put my laptop aside.

Booka was sleeping beside me as Honesty was in between us, I chuckled and got out of bed and grabbed my shower towel before heading to the bathroom to shower.

After my shower I got dressed then headed downstairs to put the food away, once I walked inside the kitchen I seen that it was already put away as for it being cleaned up.

I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and headed back upstairs to sleep.

𝟽:𝟶𝟿𝙰𝙼

The next morning, I got up to make breakfast as the kids got ready for school.

Booka came downstairs with Honesty following behind him, "So we're going to court," he started the conversation.

"Good morning to you too," he chuckled, "Called a lawyer, and set it up at some courthouse. Now I gotta wait for a date to appear in court,"

"Oh okay, what do you want? Full custody of him or what?" I asked as I slid a plate of waffles towards Honesty.

"Sole legal custody, I want him to live here with us. I don't want him to be living with her, she's not fit to parent him," he told me.

"That's something to take up with both of them," I said, "I already served her papers in the mail about it." I sighed.

"He's staying with us until we get this situated," he finished speaking.

"Tell him," he turned around to see Azur entering the kitchen, already dressed to leave. "Breakfast on the stove," he nodded his head and grabbed a plate before putting food on it.

"Question A?" Booka asked him, "Yea?" He sat down beside Honesty, "You wanna stay with your mom or move in with us?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "She just put me out, I'll probably be back in a week or so, if not I'll decide then," he answered him.

"Okay,"

Ajani and Masai came downstairs to eat as well, "The bus'll be here in a few, please catch it. I gotta take Honesty to school, then head off to work," I told them as I packed my lunch.

"And Azur's coming with me," Booka said, "Where?"

"Got some business moves to do today," he nodded his head and got up to put his plate and Honesty's plate in the sink.

"Okay I'm leaving," I grabbed my keys and lunchbox as for Honesty's while she grabbed her bookbag.

"Love you," I pecked Booka's lips, "love you," he hugged me then hugged Honesty.

"Bye yall," I said to the kids before heading out.

Authors Note
Thoughts?