Part 38: Good? Evil? Mischief?

Start from the beginning

"James!" Honey shrieked, pushing him away.

But, her push only made him stumble a bit instead of knocking him over. She rolled her eyes as she blushed furiously.

"I'm just feeling awful. My stomach is almost angry, and-" She was cut off by having to cover her mouth with her hand.

"Alright, here," Sirius said, tying her hair back with one of the hair bands on his wrist. "Want us to stay? Need Madam Pomfrey? Should we leave?"

"I need Madam Pomfrey. Now, James!" She snapped.

"I'm going! I'm going!" James called, sprinting down to the hospital wing.

"Are you okay? Tell me the truth," Sirius said, rubbing her back in comforting circles.

"Nope, I haven't been feeling okay for days. I- Star, I'm so anxious that I'm physically sick," She shook her head.

"Why are you so anxious?" He asked.

"Everyone around me dies. They all kinda just... poof. Get lost. Die. Bam, they're gone," Honey said, tears forming in her eyes. "And I can't- I won't- deal with that again. I can't have any more people I love dying on me. Star, I love you and I can't have you dying."

"Aw, I love me too," Sirius said making Honey snort.

"Star! I'm not kidding!" She said.

"I know, baby. I won't die on you. I promise," Sirius said.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," She murmured, a tear tracing her cheek.

"Miss Goldman, are you alright dear?" Professor McGonagall said, being followed by James and Madam Pomfrey.

She promptly threw up, proving her point.

"You just need to lay down. I have a potion here for you, it should calm your stomach a little. Is something else wrong? I know how much you enjoy your time in the hospital wing," Madam Pomfrey joked, handing her a potion.

"Thank you," Honey laughed, taking the small bottle from the nurse's hands.

However, her hands were shaking so violently that she nearly dropped the vial. Sirius shook his head, steadying her hands with his.

"Merlin's beard, Bee! Here, let me," Sirius said, lifting the vial to her lips.

She gulped down the potion with his help but shuddered with disgust. She coughed violently causing Madam Pomfrey to hand her a cup of water.

"Thank you," Honey said, her eyes slipping closed with exhaustion.

"Mr. Potter, can you get Miss Evans or Miss Mckinnon to help Miss Goldman to her bed? She needs lots of rest. Now?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"With all due respect, Professor, she can't go back. She's been sleeping in here for the past week. So, could she stay?" Sirus said, fumbling on his words, avoiding eye contact.

"Well, it is easier. Madam Pomfrey will stay up here to keep watch," McGonagall agreed grudgingly.

"But, Minerva-!" Madam Pomfrey started.

"Poppy, there are no other people in the Hospital Wing, and if by some miraculous feat some students do turn up in the middle of the night, I will send for you," McGonagall said kindly, offering a rare smile.

"Yes, Minerva," Madam Pomfrey sighed.

"I can walk!" Honey protested as James tried to help her up.

She got to her knees, using the sink to pull herself up. Stars danced in front of her eyes as she began to fall.

"I can't walk!" Honey said as James caught her.