61. let the feeling grow

BELLE ÂME

vol.5

61. let the feeling grow

[ Paris, France, November 15th, 1832 ]

________________________

  A complete bliss was installed as people chatted and danced. For the first time since the deaths of her parents, Annettes house was truly alive. With nothing but talk of love and beauty taking place amongst the guests.

  Annette and Enjolras had danced together for a while longer before quietly excusing themselves when no one was watching.

  Tired of dancing and eager to spend some time far from the eyes of everyone else, Annette had taken hold of his hand, leading him away from the party.

  That is how they both found themselves walking through Annettes back garden. A calm silence was installed over the pair as they walked together, sharing little to no words.

  Enjolras watched with a small smile as the girls dress shone in the moonlight. He stared at her softly when her hands reached over to touch a small rose that was blooming.

  "I can feel your eyes on me." she spoke up, glancing over at him with a smirk before walking away.

  "I was simply admiring the flowers" he defended, raising his arms up before he walked over to her.

  Annette felt two arms wrap around her waist from behind her. She had to hold in a small laugh when she felt his hair tickling her neck as she turned her head to look into his eyes.

  "Keep telling yourself that" Annette spoke with a grin "maybe one of us will believe you"

  The man let out a low laugh at her before turning her around in his arms, the corners of his eyes crinkling lightly as he smiled.

  "I'll never tire of your smile" the girl whispered to him.

  "Why is that?"

  "Because it's a rare thing" she answered, her lips curving upwards "you almost never smile, so when you smile at me it means that I'm making you happy"

  "You alway made me happy" he countered, eyebrows raised lightly.

  She simply nodded her head, her hands moving to his cravat that she had untied during the carriage ride and resting on it.