45. life had barely begun

BELLE ÂME

vol.4

45. life had barely begun

[ Paris, France, June 5th, 1832 ]

________________________

  The couple stood there with each other for a few moments, basking in the peace and serenity that they brought one another. The moon and stars were shinning brightly above them, and down at the barricades, everyone was silently waiting for something to happen, none of the fully prepared for what was coming. 

  Soon enough, they pulled away from each other, smiling sadly at one another as they shared one last kiss, tenderly grasping each other as relishing in the bittersweet feeling of being with one another.

  "We should go" Annette whispered softly to him "I'm pretty sure they need their fearless leader"

  Enjolras smiled at her and leaned in to lightly kiss her forehead before pulling away and leading her downstairs, their hands separating from each other when they reached the end of the staircase. Enjolras instantly climbed up the barricade and got focused once more, meanwhile, Annette headed to where Gavroche and Nicolette were seating quietly, climbing slightly up the barricade and sitting on top of some broken furniture. 

  "Hello Annette" Gavroche greeted happily "I'm glad you could make it 'ere"

  "Thank you Gav!" Annette replied earnestly "you seem excited about all this"

  "Well of course mademoiselles" he spoke, directing his phrase to both girls "this is our chance to defeat them"

  "Yeah," Nicolette spoke, although she could not help but wonder if this would really work "I guess it is"

  "There are giants in the sky!" he started singing, both girls laughing lightly at him "there are big, tall, terrible giants in the sky!"

  "When you're way up high and you look below" Gavroche continued, looking down at the floor from his seat in the barricade "at the world you've left and the things you know little more than a glance is enough to show you just how small you are"

   Annette looked at him with a grin as he continued singing, clearly referring to the upper class, his childlike grin and hope inspiring the girl to keep a smile on her face.

  "When you're way up high and you're on your own in a world like none that you've ever known" he carried on singing to the girls, hoping they would cheer up "where the sky is lead and the earth is stone you're free to do whatever pleases you"

  Gavroche looked at the girls with a grin painting his lips as they both glanced up at him, Alexandre, who had heard all the signing, went over to them and sat himself next to Annette.