58. dresses and preparations

BELLE ÂME

58. dresses and preparations

[ Paris, France, November 10th, 1832 ]

________________________

  Everything seemed to be filled with love and hope after the proposal. Annette had been running around, seeming absolutely mad as she tried to plan her wedding.

  The first couple of days, Annette and Enjolras had stayed quiet about their engagement, choosing to to simply enjoy their happiness without having to worry about preparations.

  The first person that they had told together had been Aunt Chantal. They had told the woman over dinner at Annettes home and to say she had been delighted would be an understatement. Of course she had already known that Enjolras would propose, he had gone to her and asked for her permission, knowing that Annettes parents and brother were gone, but still wanting to ask someone for permission, to do this properly.

  When he had gone to ask her, she had given him approval with no hesitation, appreciating the fact that he had asked her before. Naturally, her protective side did come out, and she had told him to take care of Annette and treat her with respect, to which Enjolras had promised that he alway would.

    Next up, they had gone to the Musain, telling all of their friends and Madam Houcheloupe. They as well had been excited with the news, with Grantaire teasing Enjolras for it and Madam Houcheloupe stating that she had know he would eventually marry Annette all along.

  The past two months had gone by in a flash, the preparations for the wedding taking up most of Annettes time. She and Enjolras had decided that they did not wish for a gigantic party, but at the same time, Enjolras could tell how much having a beautiful wedding would mean to her.

  Therefore, they had both decided to have a wedding that would take place in a church, and later, invite just friends and family for a dinner and small event. 

  They had made it very clear to everyone that the amount of guests at the reception would be limited. Aunt Chantal had asked for a bit more freedom on this matter, stating that there were some of her friends of hers that she wanted to invite and that all of Annettes family should be there. After some discussion and hesitation, the girl had agreed and both women had made the sent out the invitations themselves.

  The night before they mailed the letter, Annette had sat down at the couch of Enjolras's apartment as he slept, thinking over the guest list in her head.

  She pondered over wether or not she would invite her Aunt Monique. Of course she had not wanted to, not after the way the woman acted towards her, not after the hateful words shared between them in Lyon. But she had promised to herself that she would want to keep peace between herself and the woman.