13. spontaneous trip

BELLE ÂME

vol.2

13. spontaneous trip

[ Paris, France, December 30th, 1831 ]

________________________

THE WEATHER WAS WARMER on the sunny afternoon of December 30th, and as the birds flew up ahead in the sky, singing to each other while enjoying the sun, everyone else on the streets of Paris seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. Ranging from children running freely through the streets to women talking amongst themselves while having their afternoon tea in the fresh air, trying to absorb the happiness that the sunshine seemed to give everyone.

Amongst these women, where Annette and Nicolette. Both girls were seated at a small table outside of a cafe, overlooking the rest to the people of Paris, all bustling about their normal days. As the girls sat there, they talked about anything and everything, their topics of interest ranging from Shakespeare to the meaning of life, they also attempted to listen in on the topics of those around them, as to make fun of all the boring conversation and arguments that the people of their society seemed to have.

Annette had went out in search of her new found friend that morning in an attempt to get her mind off her brother and their argument, which they had still not talked about, as her and Alexandre had only said a simple "bonjour" and "bonsoir" to each other in passing, even then, each time Annette had to utter those words to her brother, she rolled her eyes to herself at his complete aversion to speaking the simple word sorry.

Nicolette did not know to many details about what was troubling Annette so much, as the brunette was not yet sure that she could entirely trust the girl and reveal a secret revolution to her, however she had told Nicolette that she did not want to be around her brother.

"Annette?" spoke the blond after they had just finished laughing about a conservation they overheard "You don't have to tell me if you don't wish to, but, why exactly are you avoiding your brother?"

This caused Annette to sigh softly before turning to face the small chocolate treat that was sitting on her plate, before she looked back up at her friend.

"It's just that, when I got to Paris he was acting very weirdly, and well, I found out that he was keeping some things secret from me" replied the brunette carefully "you see, he joined this club of sorts with a few other boys and when I finally found out what they were doing, I asked to join and he said no, repeatedly"

"Wha-" Nicolette was about to ask what they did in this club of sorts when a voice rang out behind the girls, nearly causing them to jump out of their seats.

"If Enjolras heard you calling it a club one more time" spoked the voice, causing both girls to turn around "he would go into one of his life or death speeches, and no one wants to hear another one of those"