25. tomber amoureux

BELLE ÂME

vol.3

25. tomber amoureux

[ Paris, France, March 18th, 1832 ]

_________________________

Six days, that's how long it had been, Annette had counted as she spent those days locked in her room with the excuse of a cold. Her refusal to leave her bed was quite amusing to Alexandre at first, however as time passed and the girl did not leave her room, he grew quite worried. The Amis of the Musain had also asked about the girl, wondering where she had gone so suddenly, Alexandre simply replied that she was sick, which in his defense, he actually did believe.

The only three people in the room that knew better were Marius, Grantaire and of course, Enjolras. Although Marius and Grantaire had not been able to get much information out of their friend, they suspected that whatever had happened to Annette that made her so upset, was entirely Enjolras's fault, they did not know what else to do in relation to his cold exterior except for warning him that he would lose the girl if he messed up again, that is, if he hadn't already.

Enjolras knew better than anyone else that he had in fact messed up, he knew that he should have done something, said something, anything, but he hadn't, and now Annette was gone, and he did not know if she would return and even if she did, who's to say that she would not completely ignore his existence, after all, she had hated him once, and Enjolras was sure that she could do it again.

As Annette sat at the edge of her bed, a sketchbook in hand which she was using to illustrate a tree that was just outside her window. Her hand brought the pencil back and forth on the page, her strokes precise and careful as she drew the final touch of the drawing.

Just then, her cousin came into her room slowly, making Annette turn to face her for a second before she turned back to the page in her hands. Celia sat herself down beside the girl and she lightly placed her hand atop Annettes, causing to the girl to once more, look up at her.

"What is it?" asked Annette softly

"I was just wondering if you wanted to accompany me to the library, the one you like" answered Celia hesitantly "it's just, I've been meaning to check out this book and, you always speak of this library and how great it is"

Annette sighed softly as she placed her book down on the bed, turning to her cousin who was looking at her expectantly, she simply nodded her head and stood up from where she was seated, giving Celia her hand and pulling her up as well.