59. funny tricks of time

BELLE ÂME

vol.5

59. funny tricks of time

[ Paris, France, November 15th, 1832 ]

________________________

  "Do you want your hair pinned up?"

  A voice rang out across Annette's bedroom, forcing the girl to snap out of her thought and look up to see that Celia was staring at her.

  "I'm sorry?" Annette inquired, unsure of what had been asked of her.

  "I asked if you wanted to have your hair pinned up?" Celia repeated exasperatedly, already tired of dealing with Annettes daydreaming.

  "Um- sure" the girl nodded her head, glancing over at herself in the mirror with spaced out eyes.

  It was the morning of the wedding and the girls were all in Annettes bedroom, trying to get themselves and the bride ready for the wedding, and to say tensions were high would be an understatement.

  "Honestly Annette, I simply can't understand why you won't allow any maids to help you get ready" Nicolette sighed from the other end of the room as she smoothed out Annettes wedding dress that was laying on the bed.

  "This is more fun" Annette replied before quietly adding "or at least I though it would be"

  "Well we must go get ready soon as well" Cosette piped in from Annettes left as she messed about with the girls beauty products "are you sure you'll be fine on your own?"

  The girls had started organizing everything fairly early, consumed with the desperation to have everything go smoothly.  

  The day before, Annette had said her goodbyes to Enjolras, stating that it was rotten luck for the groom to see his bride on the wedding day.

  Before leaving his apartment, the girl had taken Patria with her, wanting to have a bit of comfort that the animal would bring her.

  Upon taking the cat to her house, Aunt Chantal and the girls had been shocked at first, except for Nicolette, who had already been aware of the animal.

  Soon enough however, the little cat was able to nuzzle its way onto everyones hearts and she now sat on top of Annettes bed, watching the girls move around with curious eyes.

  "I'm sure I'll manage" Annette shrugged her shoulders "besides, Aunt Chantal is going to help me"

  "If your sure then" Nicolette spoke as she stood up, gathering her dress and heading towards the door "we'll go get ready, and I will be sure to send your Aunt in here to help you out."