16. apricity

BELLE ÂME

vol.2

16. apricity

[ Paris, France, January 11th, 1832 ]

________________________

As a few days went by Annette attempted to distract herself from things that were plaguing her thoughts, she had spent most of her time inside her house, only leaving twice, once because Celia wanted to go book shopping and then a second time because Nicolette practically begged her to go shoe shopping with her, "it would make it more bearable" said the girl, causing Annette to reluctantly get up and head out with her friend, careful not to run into a certain man that she may or may not have shared an almost kiss with.

A fluke she had called it, but yet, even though it had been eleven days, she still had it guarded at the back of her mind, begging for her attention.

The girl in question was currently lying on her bed, a forgotten book in her hand as she stared out of her window in deep thought, something that she seemed to be doing quite a lot recently. The snow that had coated the ground the past weeks was now gone, leaving only the bright green grass on the ground, as the snow had gone and the sun now shone brighter, the birds had slowly begun showing up in larger numbers, however it was still quite cold, which only increased Annettes desire to stay in her room.

Just as Annette's eyes began fluttering shut, her body willing itself to sleep in an attempt to forget all the thoughts that were running around her mind, her brother burst open the door and walked towards her, lifting her up and out of her sleepy position, causing the girl to let out a loud and exaggerated groan of annoyance.

"Get up Annette" spoke Alexandre with a grin.

"What's the point" replied the girl "besides, I'm much to comfortable here, so if you could please leave and shut the door on your way out, I would very much appreciate it"

"I'm not leaving this room until you leave with me Annie" persisted her brother, his grin only widening at his sisters dramatics "I have no idea what on earth put you in such a foul and might I add unbearable mood, but I would very much like my smiley little sister back"

Annette lifted her head to look at her brother, and as she pursed her lips, she though about the pro's and con's of leaving this room, she did need to get out of there, even if it was for just a little bit, and besides, her family probably though she had gone crazy, so overall, it really would be best to accept her brothers offer.

"Fine" huffed Annette while crossing her arms, causing her brother to paint a victorious smirk on his features and take her arm, leading her out of the room.